1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Nov 6, 2017.

1. hummus

hummus TRIBE Member

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

not that we needed any more sympathy for the Saudi population, they just had to go through that !

3. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

4. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Fuck the Saudis.

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

6. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Fucking late news.

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  7. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

8. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Great. I love it when people send Fuck Yous to the House of Saud

Cause seriously, fuck those guys

9. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised all this that this government jumped at this chance for a fuck you to the Sauds. Good for them and glad this woman has a new life.

10. hummus

hummus TRIBE Member

I kinda agree

11. Bernnie Federko

I wonder what her opinion is on the old toronto warehouse, rave, and clubbing scenes

12. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

If this entire thing turns out to be completely staged Canadian political propaganda, I wouldn't be surprised.

Greeted at the airport by a government minister is certainly cheaper than Canada canceling the arms deal, but I just hope this entire matter doesn't bite either Canada in the ass (Canadians being arrested in SA), or the young woman if SA chops the heads off her family members.

13. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Are you suggesting that the Canadian government arranged for a fake social media campaign for someone who isn't really a victim so they can score political points?

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

She's got 24 hour round the clock security, because of the many many online death threats ( coming from Canadians )

15. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

16. hummus

hummus TRIBE Member

I think he means that the Canadian government could be just taking this high profile case and exploiting the girl so they could stick it to the saudis without having to cancel the arms deal(still good for the economy) to win them political points under the guise of human rights, because I agree. I mean she was heading to Australia. But When low profile cases like this one might even have a higher risk are not even touched. Let’s stick it to the saudis... and the people of Yemen.
    Yemeni sisters stuck in bureaucratic limbo in Ottawa after ID document confiscated

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

This kind of veneer foreign policy never works, or rather, never used to work. Dishonesty has always been baked into politics, but politics these days is an 'anything goes' sport, and traditional decorum and diplomatic frameworks that were used and respected for a century are out the window.
    Basing everything on veneer doesn't seem like a lasting solution to anything.

18. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

I'm shocked that you would think that the Trudeau government uses this kind of veneer, superficial politics to score points. I mean, who really buys it?

19. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Report alleges torture of imprisoned Saudi women's rights activists escalating | CBC News
    I brought this up 2 months ago. Speaking out, rather harshly, about " The Saudi's " got me a 30 day ban from Facebook.
    I think it's TIME for the Canadian Government to start treating The Saudi Government exactly how they treat their own people, let alone international women who go there to raise awareness about their atrocities.
    ANYTHING LESS, is hypocritical and WEAK.

20. Bernnie Federko

21. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member