1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Saturday Surprise Outing to Film

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by chooch, Aug 31, 2003.

1. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

Had a friend invite me out to Film...neither of us have ever been before and we were a bit apprehensive since we love System so much and all. So after stressing on the telephone about proper footwear to get in, we made our time arrangements etc. to hook up with others meeting us who had guestlist.

My first impression at the door wasn't stellar as we seemed to be haggling with the doorman about what kind of guestlist we had, etc. Since I have never been to this club before, it did put me off a bit. After a bit of fuss, into the club we trek.

For those that haven't been to Film, when you enter the club, it is basically all dance floor (later in the night it also made for alot of jostling!) They have a partitioned loungy area and minimal clean lined decor. As it was still early in the night (about 12:00) we found seats and took in the vibe. At first we weren't sure about how the night would go, but the crowd was pumped to have some fun, so we rolled on that.

Film's Saturday resident DJ was laying down some great tunes, really drummy house and some neat remixes of some really early dance tracks! I so enjoyed his set. I will go back just to see him spin again (and learn his name)! Danced up a storm.

Next up on the decks was...Deko-ze! He kept the vibe going and rocked the house! He was dropping all sorts, breaks, funky house, trancy tunes, electro tacks (?)...it was all there and he carried off the transitions seamlessly.

Earlier apprehensions were swept aside........We had a blast! Great company, nice hookups...fun night. That place was going strong at 4:30 when we left...felt like we were going to miss out but had to get home for some sleep!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  2. why not

why not TRIBE Member

a lot of the crowd from film ends up at the comfort zone right after.

not my favourite place, but not that bad either.

the doormen always give everybody a hard time (except for the regulars and the hoochie mamas)

a lot of 'hand sniffing' going on there.

3. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

hmmmm interesting....thanks for the additional information why not.