1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

saturday afternoon: yorkville swarming with popo

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jazz, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

anyone know what's up? cumberland ave looks like a warzone right now... hundreds of cops in cars, on bikes, horses, swat teams, etc. etc.

also lots of security guards on bloor just south of the action...

2. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

is it security measures for the film festival? or something dire?

3. lok

lok TRIBE Member

fuck the po-lease

4. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

OCAP demonstration for all the yuppies in Yorkville.

Ontario Coalition Against Poverty.

5. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

what time is/was the demonstration?

6. jus me

jus me TRIBE Member

Iono...i think it was supposed to be this afternoon.

Best bet is to watch the news to find out more info.

7. trinitydub

trinitydub TRIBE Member

it was supposed to get to yorkville around 6 (from allan gardens apparently), but by the time i locked up my store at 6:30 i didn't see much.

i saw at least 150 police through the whole day though.

apparently there was a bomb threat in the area as well (i heard at 1235 bay), but i never got confirmed reports of that.

8. fear_of_fours

fear_of_fours TRIBE Member

YORKVILLE swarming WITH POO POO?

9. dvs

dvs TRIBE Promoter

yup. some craziness was on last night. they put a "no-drive zone" notice across to all the firehalls in the city sometime mid-afternoon for the area bordering dupont st. to the north, yonge to the east, st. george to the west and bloor to the south (later extended to dundas sq. to the south.) only emergency dispatched apparattus were allowed to be in that area last night ftom about 6pm to around 11pm. guess they were expecting some mayhem with that demonstration.

d