1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Satoshi Tomiie

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Psyrel, May 12, 2010.

1. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Brillant night.

Jeff did a spot-on ultra smooth warmup that set the mood of the night perfectly. The crowd was quite good, it was busy but not rammed and everyone seemed friendly and there to have a good night. Lovely to see so many friends come out of the woodwork for this one.

And Satoshi.... mmmm... where do I start? The fact is that hardly anyone gets the opportunity to play a long set in this city anymore, so THANK YOU Footwork for allowing him to have an extended set.

He did a seamless transition from where Jeff ended and launched into a musical journey. Some darker drummy, almost-but-not-quite tribal influenced stuff within his first hour that blended into warm, groovy house tunes. Dark but still melodic prog was up next on the menu. And then I just stopped keeping track and let myself get sucked in. Few djs are talented enough to pull this off and it's been much too long since I experienced this. Thank you Satoshi. I didn't realize how much of a void I had for this experience until you delivered it. So effin' good.

Congrats to FW on their 5 year anniversary - here's to many more great years - there simply isn't any other venue in this city I want to see my favourite djs at!

2. eddie

eddie TRIBE Member

wow hes still around last time i saw him was at system for thier anniversary party

3. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

I too enjoyed Satoshi! I didn't get to stay for the whole set, so I mostly caught his darker, slightly techy-prog introduction. But man was it good! I had hoped to hear more of the melodic tracks that psyrel mentioned, but I only caught a bit. Either way, I think Psyrel put it really well...at some point I forgot to actually evaluate the music I was hearing, I just experienced it.

I had a great time and danced my little arse off, and that's why I went!

Please bring back Satoshi...please!

4. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

From what I've heard, Jeff set the right tone...been too long since ive heard a set of his. def gonna hit up fabricated tonight.

5. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

i enjoyed myself alot more then i had originally anticipated. good peeps, good chuggy beats, lack of sketch, lack of attitude, et cetera...

happie 5 year footy! my intelligence quotient has dropped considerably since stepping into that dump for the first time. here's to another 5 more :^/

6. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member

was one of the first thru the door, old guys like me don't like to wait in line ;-)
    jeff was happy to see those who did make it fir his first track. And he was excited about how he had planned his night with tweets and twacks playing choons at a groovy 117 bpm. He allowed me to lurk in the booth for a while. Then like a tap being opened full the crowd poured in steadily and while full at midnight it was good to know that whoever would come later would not have to tolerate that freaking cold weather in line. The Tribe crew was reppin for sure and it really made the party that much more fun. Satoshie just played his little heart out getting into full 5 yr anniversary party mode grasping at balloons drinking grey goose while the owners were swilling the Mexican tea
    and as the sparklers burned down so did my legs but a ten to four stint was what I could bare and was quite satisfied.

7. preacherman

preacherman TRIBE Member