• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed____

It is very very good.

I am enjoying cd1, I had it for such a long time without listening to it closely. But cd1 and cd2 are in heavy rotation now.
I especially especally like to give a special praise to track number three on cd2... medway/cusick - "graffitti" <<<this track gets the following rating:
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

devil.gif
/ out of 5
devil.gif


completely bad ass track.. probably one of the best tracks of the year IMO in progressive IMO IMO IMO. without sounding like a little biatch lurking back with sentimentality a-la-mofo-styles.. I am going to say that this tracks brings only good memories of the few times I was at Twilo. More specifically to the atmosphere that club had when john digweed or jimmy van m. play their earlier sets.. the constant solid groove and the edgy spaced out psychodelic elements of the track take me way back to that club. Maybe this track is reminecent (sp?) of N.Y.C nightlife back then a little bit of retrospect of the atmospher of those days. Anyways, I really like the track. Cd1 is great, however Satoshi is more of a dark headlining dj not an opening slot dj. The fist cd goes up and down between really good dark tracks, boring at times and really solid somewhat uplifting headspace grooves. However, I think cd2 is the winner..sounds like you just took some drugs and pressed play. Such a head-fvck IMO. In anycase, I know this review is very late but it isn't even a review.. I was just wondering..what did you guys think of this cd. I got it, put it away and never paid attention until yesterday. I am glad I did.

opinions?
 
Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

TheVibe

TRIBE Member
Picked up this CD a while ago. I had modest expectations when I got it just before Labour of Love. Then I spent some time with it after getting home from Howells/Deep Dish...and all I can say is it is one of the BEST compilation CD sets I've heard in a while. It is so well programmed.

Maybe it was the circumstances under which I first listened to it (as you suggested) but it has a bit of everytihg to keep you moving; it's dark and twisted when it needs to be, then the sound kicks up just when you hope it will. I love the track selection and the style of the music, it seems like a lot of effort went into putting these discs together.

I love this CD.
 

SKIB

TRIBE Member
This compilation didn't leave my discman for quite some time a few months ago... especially disc one :D

I really like it, very upfront though... satoshi's style and nothing but... he pretty much sticks to the same sound throughout both cd's ... but nevertheless it's probably my fav nubreed :)
 

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
track three!!!! medway/cusick "graffiti" is the dog's bollocks!!!!!!

check it.
play it.
play it in a wicked sound system if you have shite speakers.. this track reminds me of jimmy van mallegham's- "ECPIS" which is backwards for spice!.. oh those Englishman.. and how they loooove a certain spice!
 

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
Ya didn't this NUBReed come out around the same time as Lights Out - Steve Lawler. Listened to the CDs once or twice and was pleased, but I am going to dig this out tonight and give it a listen again. I remember disc 2 being better, but then again I like the darker stuff better so idealy disc 2 is always better.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
These 2 CD's are the bomb. That's all there really is to say.

For all those who don't know, just listen to it. For all those who know, keep on enjoyin' it! :)

I happen to enjoy CD 2 a bit more than CD 1, but rotate both all the time.

T
 

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by chipotle
track three!!!! medway/cusick "graffiti" is the dog's bollocks!!!!!!

check it.
play it.
play it in a wicked sound system if you have shite speakers.. this track reminds me of jimmy van mallegham's- "ECPIS" which is backwards for spice!.. oh those Englishman.. and how they loooove a certain spice!

spice = ecips just looked at the word again.. anyways.. not like it matters.
 

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
Only Nubreed I've actually liked.

may ganesh trample on your head for 30 days and nights then poo on it


howells is my fave with burridge coming in a somewhat distant second
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MachoMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
Only Nubreed I've actually liked.

Are you serious? Wow.. howells.. pappa... sander... burridge... these were amazing discs. Oh well, different strokes I suppose.
 

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MachoMan


Are you serious? Wow.. howells.. pappa... sander... burridge... these were amazing discs. Oh well, different strokes I suppose.

Yeah, just a case of different strokes. It's not that I think the above are whack dj's, which they're anything but. They're just a bit hit and miss for my tastes.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
track three!!!! medway/cusick "graffiti" is the dog's bollocks!!!!!!

Pfft! Disc 1 for me. Well so far ... I haven't really given disc 2 much play ;)

Disc 1, tracks 4 through 6 ... deep sexy trippy beats ... WOW. Then track 13 King's of Tomorrow - I Want You (for Myself) just for fun. Great way to close. Come to think of it, I love this disc cause it just builds and builds all the way through. At the end I can't HELP myself from shakin' it no matter where I am or what I'm doing. Like right now :)

<- goes to dance ...

Why doesn't Tomiie spin like this live ??
 

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
play it in a wicked sound system if you have shite speakers.. this track reminds me of jimmy van mallegham's- "ECPIS" which is backwards for spice!.. oh those Englishman.. and how they loooove a certain spice!

jvm is a belgian born american. :p

i've never heard satoshi's nu breed.

too much music, not enough time.
 

Medic

TRIBE Member
Re: Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed____

Originally posted by chipotle
It is very very good.

I am enjoying cd1, I had it for such a long time without listening to it closely. But cd1 and cd2 are in heavy rotation now.
I especially especally like to give a special praise to track number three on cd2... medway/cusick - "graffitti" <<<this track gets the following rating:
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

devil.gif
/ out of 5
devil.gif


completely bad ass track.. probably one of the best tracks of the year IMO in progressive IMO IMO IMO. without sounding like a little biatch lurking back with sentimentality a-la-mofo-styles.. I am going to say that this tracks brings only good memories of the few times I was at Twilo. More specifically to the atmosphere that club had when john digweed or jimmy van m. play their earlier sets.. the constant solid groove and the edgy spaced out psychodelic elements of the track take me way back to that club. Maybe this track is reminecent (sp?) of N.Y.C nightlife back then a little bit of retrospect of the atmospher of those days. Anyways, I really like the track. Cd1 is great, however Satoshi is more of a dark headlining dj not an opening slot dj. The fist cd goes up and down between really good dark tracks, boring at times and really solid somewhat uplifting headspace grooves. However, I think cd2 is the winner..sounds like you just took some drugs and pressed play. Such a head-fvck IMO. In anycase, I know this review is very late but it isn't even a review.. I was just wondering..what did you guys think of this cd. I got it, put it away and never paid attention until yesterday. I am glad I did.

opinions?


Hey Chippy - FYI - Luke Fair has 3 tracks on this comp! Still love it?

ss
 

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed____

Originally posted by slingshot



Hey Chippy - FYI - Luke Fair has 3 tracks on this comp! Still love it?

ss

*snicker*


FYI, I already knew that. I think I've said enough.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Re: Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed____

I like it. It wouldn't matter if Terence Thackarey would have produced the tracks.. the cd is solid.
 

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Satoshi Tomeii's Nubreed____

Originally posted by chipotle
if Terence Thackarey would have produced the tracks.. the cd is solid.

hahaha :) it is a great cd ... satoshi is definitely a master...

jc
 

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
^^ and waitasaecond ... I met you the night I saw Tomiie Jay ... though I bet you don't remember.

Think I mentioned something about your well toned upper arm muscles :)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top