• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sasha remixes Cirque du Soliel

SASHA COMPLETES A NEW REMIX
After roadtesting it for a couple of months, Sasha's added the final touches, and finished up his remix of 'Pokinoi' by Cirque du Soleil.

With its haunting and atmospheric female vocal and thumping electro bassline, the remix is part of a new project for Cirque du Soleil, and will feature on their new album called "Under The Sun - The Remix Album".

Due for release in June, as well as containing Sashas remix edit of Pokinoi, there'll also be fresh remixes of Cirque tracks by other artists. When we have more details of who's involved, and where you can catch the new Cirque du Soleil tour, we'll let you have them.

From the Bedrock msg board

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by chipotle
I hope it's good...

haven't heard anything mindblowing from sasher since xpander.

Really?

I still think airdrawndagger is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Such staying power for me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
yea.. but nothing as dancefloor freindly as xpander....

and there is always good music to listen to with headphones.

Bloodlock was the only dancefloor stormer out of that album..straight out of the album...and not remixes out of all the songs.

you guys are right though... he has made some good music but IMO nothing as memorable as xpander..as of recent...which is a good listenable tune and dancefloor stormer.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
umm..i dont know what tiesto shows YOUVE been hanging out at, but i think cloud cuckoo is a fucking brilliant dancefloor tune..

also xpander is like 124 bpm...hardly a stormer...

the breaks tunes right in the middle of the album work well out too...boilerroom and whatsitsname...

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
chipotle here

-please download sasha live in ireland .. some mix that has been hanging there in the net for a while... towards the end.. he completly destroys the room with xpander.. sorry but it is a stormer of a track.

-don't like tiesto

- i agree cloud cuckoo is amazing... as i said.. you guys are right.. i am just hoping that he delivers a blinding tune..that is all.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by chipotle
I hope it's good...

haven't heard anything mindblowing from sasher since xpander.

Sasha didn't even really write Xpander. Charlie May and the other guy from Spooky (his name is escaping me now) did. Sasha heard the riff and decided that it was worth updating. Most of the parts had already been written by Spooky but were scrapped at the time. There's no doubt it's got Sasha's trademark sound all over it, but I reckon it's more Charlie May's doing in this case than Alexander Coe's.

Cheers,
JK

xtollo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

SASHA COMPLETES A NEW REMIX
With its haunting and atmospheric female vocal and thumping electro bassline, the remix is part of a new project for Cirque du Soleil, and will feature on their new album called "Under The Sun - The Remix Album".

I am 95% positive that he played this track on saturday at Fabric. He played a 5 hour set and fucking destroyed the place. By far the best Sasha I've ever heard. Great producer and even greater DJ.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
"Sasha didn't even really write Xpander. Charlie May and the other guy from Spooky (his name is escaping me now) did"

if youre gonna try to be cool and drop names you should at least have a clue which names youre trying to drop, no??

hahahav

ps-his name is duncan forbes

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by videotronic
if youre gonna try to be cool and drop names you should at least have a clue which names youre trying to drop, no??

That's name dropping? Shit.

I thought it was called bad trainspotting! :eek:

Cheers,
JK