• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sarah Mixington - winter mood mix 06 (glitchy twisted tech and minimal)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I called this my winter mood mix because I've just been in this musical funk lately, really digging the minimal and the dark twisted tech.

I recorded a jam session I had tonight while I happened to be borrowing Gleeson's iriver, so this was pretty much done on the fly with what happens to be in my bag right now.

It's about an hour and 40 mins:

1. Miles Maeda - I believe (Robsoul Recordings)
2. M.A.N.D.Y. feat Booka Shade - Body Language (afrilounge's deep reconstructed mix) (Get Physical)
3. Patrick Chardronnet - Tricky (Connaisseur Recordings)
4. Glimpse - Strip Down (Glimpse recordings)
5. Phil E - I.L.M.B.I.B.
6. Glimpse - Carmenera (Glimpse recordings)
7. ?
8. S-Max - sudden masculinity outburst (K2)
9. Audio Werner - zwrtshak drive (hartchef)
10. Dapayk - boisboisbois (Trapez)
11. Bearback - Intergalactic Panic (Tuning Spork)
12. Oliver Koletzki - Muckenschwarm (Olivier Berger's A 101 remix) (Cocoon recordings)
13. Phil Stumpf - Influencer (Frozen North Recordings)
14. Glimpse - Body Slip (Glimpse recordings)
15. Audio Werner - Audiomaut (hartchef)
16. Audio Werner - dar papaya (Trapez)
17. Phil Stumpf - Even Seven (Frozen North Recordings)
18. DJ Fex - Beautiful (Systematic)
19. Elektrochemie - Vexed (Get Physical)
20. Jean-Paul Bondy - Cold reformer (john tejada remix) (compost records)
21. Anthony Rother - when the sun goes down (Datapunk)
22. Peace Division - Hear I am (NRK)
23. Style of eye - Back then (radio slave remix) (Classic)
24. Peace Division feat. Pleasant Gehman - Blacklight sleaze (NRK)
25. Dapayk - songs make money (Orac)
26. Karri O - The hits (Lieb vs. telly quin remix) (Resopal)
27. Trentemoller - Kink (3rd floor recordings)
28. Nathan Fake - the sky was pink (Martinez remix) (electrochok)

clicky clicky

Let me know if the link doesn't work (it's been fussy since I uploaded it)

doodle slax

TRIBE Member
holy shit girl: this set is fucking DOPE

I can't believe how much your sound has evolved over the past year... female techno djs are few and far between, but the "Sara(h)'s" (ie mixington & scruton) show the boys how it’s done !!

technics1200

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Yeah I gotta admit, Sarah, this mix drops in and out for me in terms of grabbing my attention, tho' I realize you whipped this together on the fly...

Always some great tracks in there, of course:)

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
I was pleasantly surprised by this mix. I really like it. Solid mixing and the tracks are complex and fun. There are a few that don't necessarily 'tickle my fancy' but overall, a nice mix thats fun.

Godd work.
L-T

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jon Tremblay

TRIBE Member
some great tracks in here, especially the one at 57 minutes...what track is it? I was dissapointed with the end as the Martinez remix of the sky was pink was cut short. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that record. :(

Nice work Sarah!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Jon Tremblay said:
some great tracks in here, especially the one at 57 minutes...what track is it? I was dissapointed with the end as the Martinez remix of the sky was pink was cut short. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that record. :(

Nice work Sarah!
It's two tracks...the one fading out is Audio Werner - dar papaya and the one you're probably asking about is Phil Stumpf - Even Seven. One of my favorite tracks and I've seen a couple of other tribers include it in recent mixes as well.

Funny, I passed along this set to someone at work totally not familiar with techno in any form and he said the same thing about the last track cutting out. The iriver I recorded with automatically cuts off when the file reaches a certain size. :(