• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

sans soleil / vague terrain 02

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Denise Benson did a feature on Michael Trommer (aka Sans Soleil) this week for her extended play column in eye.

I know a lot of you cats may not be familiar with him, but he's had some pretty remarkable releases considering how low-key he is in Toronto; Michael has released a full length on transmat and an EP on François Kevorkian's Wave Music. Michael will be playing a "deep listening" set this Saturday in Toronto and the gig will coincide with the release of a related EP as part of the second issue of vague terrain.

Other musicians/audio artists contributing to vague terrain 02 include: akumu, andra mccartney, tim hecker, tinkertoy, and neil wiernik .

,g

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Where's the content? Click on the image only gives me a short essay by you ... no links to anything else etc...

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
oddmyth said:
Where's the content? Click on the image only gives me a short essay by you ... no links to anything else etc...
Click on the 'digital landscape' link under the journal heading.

I'm listening to the Sans Soleil work right now. :cool:

I don't know why I love this kind of stuff so much, but I do.

musork

TRIBE Member
come on todd you know how to use the internet look to your right hand side in the menu bar...its all there...
www.vagueterrain.net > in the menu bar to the right click on the link for digital landscape >
the editorial will come up then to the right again all the links to the cotributers content will appear... its all there trust me :)

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Sorry Neil,

However while I do know how to use the internet I am nothing more than a user of other people's products.

When the text says 'click on the image to launch vt.02' my focus is on what I am click on and thus I am not watching what is changing on the sidebar .. moreover, from a user perspective there is no indication that when I do click on the image that I am now viewing issue 2.

Perhaps this is part of the design, however from a user interface perspective its not conducive to understanding the website in the least. Moreover studies of user interfaces on the internet have shown that websites with right justified menu's are often less noticed and less understood then sites with left justified menu's -- something to do with humans reading left to right .. thus why the majority of sites which have been designed with user interfaces in mind either use a top-down or left justified approach.

I understand from a design perspective that this takes away from the 'uniqueness', and doesn't add to the 'abstract quality' of the site, much in the same way the magazine 'Raygun' did in the early 90's. To each his own.

Anyhow thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

musork

TRIBE Member
Ill make sure greg reads your comment as hes the one who designed the UI Im just the backend, content dude...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders