• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sango @ Velvet Underground Feb 16, 2017

djfear

TRIBE Member
So I saw Sango at Velvet Underground. I didn't even know who Sango was until 3 weeks earlier when my cousin told me about him.

Well, Sango destroyed it. He brought the roof down and just played an amazing set. The whole brazilian funk influence in his music is great... I feel that he curated the best of the sound and made it his own and you're left with this proper set of music that just makes you want to move. It doesn't matter what genre of music you like. House music? Drum n bass? Dubstep? Reggaeton? I won't speak for the acoustic heads, but I would invite anyone to the next Sango show and without a doubt would be confident that they would love every minute of it.

To listen or buy some tunes:
Da Rocinha 3, by Sango

To see a live set (and put it on while you're getting ready to go out on a Friday or Saturday night):