• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy tab 4 adapter for VGA?

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I just purchased a Samsung 10.1 Galaxy tab 4 on sale at Best Buy. When purchasing an HDTV adapter, I also told them I needed a VGA adapter (for projectors) as this was needed primarily for work. They said they didn't have one, but I could easily order one online.

I've looked and can't find one. Maybe I'm missing something? Maybe another company sells them? I can't seem to find what I need, and CNET isn't much of a help at all.

I called Samsung help and got an ad for a cruise vacation. I tried Best Buy.ca customer service and there was no answer. I tried calling the store I purchased it through their help-line (1-800 #) - no answer. I tried calling the store directly - no answer.

I'm at my wits end and prepared to return everything. I hate wasting my time.

If anyone knows if there is an adapter and where I can purchase it, I'd be very grateful.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
using my laptop, this doesn't take care of audio...so if i plugged one of those ^ things into my projector ( that doesn't have HDMI ) how do i get my audio to my sound system ?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
but i thought, plugging in the HDMI cord into your laptop eliminates the audio 3.5 jack...

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I don't know, but there's gotta be an app for that. The internet suggests this app. An easier way would be if your projector has an audio out.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
So, after much research, I discovered that the Tab 4 is not MHL supported. Some do work, but for the most part they don't ... and there are a lot of complaints. This was confirmed by one of the salesmen when I went back to complain. He said he's had a number of ppl with the same problem.

Which MHL adapter does my Samsung Galaxy need?

So, I got the Tab S.., and it's brilliant. Beautiful. It works with the 3rd generation adapter for hdmi. I also purchased a vga/micro adapter from Japan (Crazy, but that' s where I had to go). See if it works.

but i thought, plugging in the HDMI cord into your laptop eliminates the audio 3.5 jack...
Projectors don't usually have audio. I have speakers that I plug into my head phone jack.

Last edited: