1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Sample Packs...anyone know this?

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Sal De Ban, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

this has to be flagrant use of a specific sample pack. anyone know what it is?

[YOUTUBE]FTV3v4-tb2A[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]xn_IJA9RPKk[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]vpS8DE1fMSs[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]Cj25UpcBDt0[/YOUTUBE]

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

same horn riff/sample in every track...

3. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

hahaha awesome so I'm not crazy after all. Thanks for that :D

5. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

found another

[YOUTUBE]XK33xMbdWcQ[/YOUTUBE]

6. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

...although it's a trumpet sample. hoping someone does a mix of all these together. Loopmasters would love it!

7. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I donno man, It sounds alright. Samples are samples.

As long as the vibe is good, who the fuck gives a shit what you do? except for Cosmo, he'll tell us all to go to hell.

Personally, I use samples, but I chop them up.

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I'll have about 16 tracks going at once though! To make the crap I put out.

9. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

I use samples usually one hit drum samples from firends 909 /808 and vocal samples... Don't feel right using sample packs gotta roll my own...

10. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

same here. it's not like these samples are used in any creative way...even in a basic way, like chopping up an amen break or something; these are clip-art-equivalent samples that are ready to go, drag and drop into your tracks for maximum youtube plays. Using a nice, recorded brass sample is one thing, but understanding HOW to use it, and understanding HOW to write a track is/are different things. So, you have a house track, and out of the blue, there is a sax solo - no context, not related to any other part of the track, it just simply gets plopped in there to create some human element that the track was otherwise missing. Then you click on another youtube vid, and it's the same sax solo plopped into yet another half-assed (but very big, shiny!) tune.

11. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Similar to when the DX7 came out or those silver Korg work stations that every RnB release had on it...

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

haha yeah. the ms2000 is the best thing korg ever made.

13. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I try to stay away from a full sax riff or whatnot . Acapella yes. Mostly chopping them to point where it makes its own sound. But I get what you guys are saying.

14. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Personal secret: Use samples but Melodyne the shit out of them. You can do anything with Melodyne, esp with the DNA feature: change notes, change melody, change key, change chord progression. Most amazing piece of software out there for sample freaks like me.