• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Samosas

IgStar

TRIBE Member
does anyone else appreciate these as much as I do?

christ, I just ate food to feed a small country, this woman is my office has SAMOSAS from this place here in K-W that is known for their samosas...I'm considering swiping one when she leaves the room.

hot damn they smell good!

the samosa is very very good. :)

Poot

TRIBE Member
Oh my gawd.

Don't be teasing me with visions of samosas at this hour of the day...

Yummy pockets of spicy goodness... mmmmmm.......

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
you're a fucking whore jen..

I had chinese on my mind all day, and now i can almost taste and smell a samosa..

fuck fuck fuck

off to the bakery

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Love them...how bad are they for you? I'm not sure how they're made, are they fried?

edit: doh, nevermind...question answered while I was posting. :)

~jen

Poot

TRIBE Member
Damn it!

OK - my office is at Avenue & Bloor.

Someone, anyone - bring me some somosas.

Please?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
you're a fucking whore jen..

I had chinese on my mind all day, and now i can almost taste and smell a samosa..

fuck fuck fuck

off to the bakery
The Chinese make samosas? I thought is was more an Indian thing.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
kess kuh say?

I'm just saying that i wanted chinese food for lunch and now i'm changing my mind to samosas..

ps, the chinese discovered everything.. i should know

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dj Red Turtle
I like the potato ones.
They're all potato.

The chicken ones or non-veg you see are a bastard creation by the white man, who envied the brown man's beautiful samosa and decided to corrupt it.

The one's with the thin pastry are made by people on the west coast of India. The ones with the thicker pastry are mostly found in the north and is the kind I prefer.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
They're all potato.

The chicken ones or non-veg you see are a bastard creation by the white man, who envied the brown man's beautiful samosa and decided to corrupt it.

The one's with the thin pastry are made by people on the west coast of India. The ones with the thicker pastry are mostly found in the north and is the kind I prefer.
Don't they also make them in the West Indies? How do those differ?

IgStar

TRIBE Member
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
to no potato!

a samosa without the potato is just WRONG.

it's like a Caesar without the celery salt...or something.

BLASPHEMY.

I think she is actually going to give me one! I don't need to resort to thievery!

YAY. I AM knowing what is for dinner tonight baby!

sorry guys for making you all drool...but damn.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
to JAR:

Pretty much the same as the one in the North of India. It was brought to the West Indies by the Indian labourers who moved to Guyana and Trinidad centuries ago to work on Tea Plantations.

The Arabs have a derivative called Sambousek which is stuffed with spinach and cheese and is the goods as well.

edit: I got the west indies and west coast of india mixed up.

deep

TRIBE Member
Re: to JAR:

edit: I got the west indies and west coast of india mixed up.
please turn in your turban and curry powder holster, your license to be brown has been revoked

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
There's a dingy little place called The Maharaj on Bloor, just west of Dufferin that sells them for $1 for 3. I buy 9 and I gots me a snack for home.

And they have various chutneys as well.

Fresh too. I pre-order them and pick them up after work.

Samosas are amazing. Especially if they're meatless.

And I am surprised but the ones at Rabba are delicious. Very surprised. I had two during a biking trip and they were really spicy and really good. The veggie ones are always the best.

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
you'd better watch it with those things- soooooo bad for you

(they require a good rub down with paper towels before being eaten)

Agatka8

TRIBE Member
They're all potato.

...and do they have ones made with bacon...?