• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Salvia Divinorum

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone ever tried it ?

It is legal here and you can purchase it at a few hemp stores on Queen Street from 25 -45 bones.

I bought some on the weekend it is a herb, you smoke it and it is suppose to be intense sorta like an acid high but for only 20 mins.

SALVIA DIVINORUM BASICS
Salvia divinorum is a species of sage (the genus Salvia). There are approximately 1000 species of Salvia worldwide, but Salvia divinorum is the only vision-inducing species known. Salvia is a member of a very large family of plants known as the Labiatae. Because mint is a well-known member of this family, it is sometimes referred to as the mint family. Salvia divinorum makes a beautiful house plant, and it can be grown just for that reason, but most people who grow this plant are interested in its fascinating psychoactive effects.

Salvia is a consciousness-changing herb that can be used in a vision quest, or in a healing ritual. In the right setting, Salvia makes it possible to see visions. It is an herb with a long tradition of sacred use. It is useful for deep meditation. It is best taken in a quiet, nearly darkroom; either alone (if a sitter will not be used, see below for discussion of sitters), or with one or two good friends present. It should be taken either in silence or (sometimes) with soft pleasant music playing.

http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html

patri©k

TRIBE Member
make sure you smoke it all at once... it's very weak. Make sure you're alone and have access to scissors.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Do a search on Tribe, I'm sure I even authored one of the old threads or at least made some serious contributions.

In short, I did it once, it was one of the most fucked up experiences I ever had, it was totally worth it, but I don't know if I'd want to do it again.

why not

TRIBE Member
there's a bunch of threads around about this.

it's interesting, but most people don't find it fun enough to do more than a couple times.

whereas with other hallucinigens, there's often a pleasure part, with this you just feel fucked up.

did you already smoke it?
the trick seems to be to suck in as much as you can as fast as you can - you need to get a certain concentration in your body to 'break on through'.

you can totally forget that you're on it, while you're on it.
not because you're sober, just because you're so fucked that you can't wrap your head around the concept of anything.

last i heard it's believed to be a disassociative, meaning that it's in the same category as K, PCP, and DXM (cough syrup).

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

why not

TRIBE Member
mrs peacock said:
Have not done it yet, but aparently i have tired it before, just a little amount and i just laughed and laughed

it's tricky, sometimes you'll just feel mildly stoned, but other times you smoke a bit more and you're on the floor and have no idea who/what/where/when you are.
the really high part only lasts for about 5 minutes.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
why not said:
it's tricky, sometimes you'll just feel mildly stoned, but other times you smoke a bit more and you're on the floor and have no idea who/what/where/when you are.
the really high part only lasts for about 5 minutes.
That's what I hear too. I've talked to lots of other people who have done it, and very few have had the same reaction as me. It seems like you either get a mild buzz and some giggles, or you go through the f'n matrix into a parallel universe. ;)

It seems like you've really gotta kill that shit on the first hit, otherwise you just get a mild buzz, and it's not the kind of substance that you can "catch up" to if you didn't get it right on the first hit.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
definitely go and find the other threads as there were some interesting stories and experiences in them.
i would strongly recommend that you have a sober person in the room while you do it to watch you.

philly

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
you go through the f'n matrix into a parallel universe. ;)
that happend the first and only time i've tried it. lasted a couple of minutes and i had this weird sensation that everything was being pushed to the right by some wave that i couldn't see and i was becoming part of the table that i was sitting at. it totally felt like it too, but according to my friends at the table, i was sitting up straight with a really glazed look. definitely agree with having someone there when you try it, you just don't know how you'll react.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
everybody has a different tolerance too, so be careful.

that said i recommend a heavy dosing to start because you'll probably be too frightened to ever do anything that stupid again and miss the point.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
this stuff doesn't sound all that much fun to me.

anything that's got a "loss of control" effect, isn't really something people over 16 should be interested in.

gollum

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
Do a search on Tribe, I'm sure I even authored one of the old threads or at least made some serious contributions.

In short, I did it once, it was one of the most fucked up experiences I ever had, it was totally worth it, but I don't know if I'd want to do it again.
Where's my Salvia!!!! come to shambhala to give it to me.

shpongle

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i dig it. never had one of those "break through" experiences but the fucked-upedness can be interesting. i've heard using a bong and blowtorch will help you get the most out of it.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the people ive spoken to that have tried it, all felt very confused, and somewhat angry.
and theyre not angry people at all.

i wouldnt smoke this with your lips.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
gollum said:
Where's my Salvia!!!! come to shambhala to give it to me.

shpongle
hahahaha... I've still got it for you, but I won't make it out west until September. I guess I can just mail it to you since it's not illegal eh?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Did it once, but didnt break through, but ended up really enjoying it anyways, some sensations I had

- I thought I was my couch
- bands of energy massaging my body
- my fan telling me to answer my cellphone
- the feeling of being 'folded' into my couch (and eventually thinking I was my couch)

music sounded pretty stellar also.

TaCk OnE? said:
this stuff doesn't sound all that much fun to me.

anything that's got a "loss of control" effect, isn't really something people over 16 should be interested in.
Funny, I think anyone that young shouldnt be doing drugs of any form myself.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine, a girl, tried this stuff a couple weeks ago. Her guy friend persuaded her to smoke it. She said she tripped out for about 5 minutes - she heard voices in the distance amplify and echo, and the guy she was with appeared to have huge, glistening sweat dropplets fall from his forhead in slow-motion... she said she won't try it again.