• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Salon Daome is NO MORE!?

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
this still needs to be confirmed through official channels, but from all accounts (and I have alot in montreal)... they had a sudden farewell party last night... and that is the last night EVER at Daome. Apparently everything is moving to L'Adacamie on St. Laurent. Details are still unclear as to why.. but rumours of complaining residences and something to do with noise by-laws and ticketing. Someone please fill in the details. Daomegirl?

RedInMtl

TRIBE Member
Not exactly...

It's sort of true, there won't be any more big night at it's current location but Daome is hopefully going to be bigger and better.

Daome isn't exactly closing...it's kind of moving...

Seems there have been complaints in the past so they are moving their Dizzy tuesday, Soulmeka and Lazydays nights to another loft around the corner. Apparently bigger, no noise restrictions so they're shopping for new sound, more washrooms....could be a good thing in the end.

As far as i know their other nights are still at the usual location...

You can find Daomegirls's reply in this thread:
http://p088.ezboard.com/fmtlnights14160frm62.showMessage?topicID=3009.topic

octo

TRIBE Member
i always felt like i was partying in someone's living room at Salon Daome. hopefully the new space can maintain the intimate vibe

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oeretS

TRIBE Member
my good friend alex is one of the guys running the new space l'Academie (where the Daome nights have moved), in fact will be checking this place out tonight - Cosmo Baker from Brooklyn!

oeretS

TRIBE Member
yes there is that resto, but this new place is coin St Laurent / Mont Royal - accross from the club Central Station

will give it a proper review upon my return..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

hahnsa

TRIBE Member
oeretS said:
my good friend alex is one of the guys running the new space l'Academie (where the Daome nights have moved), in fact will be checking this place out tonight - Cosmo Baker from Brooklyn!
Are you referring to Bopp?

dstarr

TRIBE Member
LOL... I was there in the fall, there was a sweet chair right in front of the booth.... kinda like a king's thrown or something hilarious like that...

oeretS

TRIBE Member
hahnsa said:
Are you referring to Bopp?
don't know what Bopp is, but the club is called The Academy, it's a raw space but there's loads of potential and i could see a party really going off in there.

Daome definitely had more character as a venue, but this new spot ain't too bad.

hahnsa

TRIBE Member
oeretS said:
don't know what Bopp is, but the club is called The Academy, it's a raw space but there's loads of potential and i could see a party really going off in there.

Daome definitely had more character as a venue, but this new spot ain't too bad.
I was referring to Alex (aka bopp) - same alex? he's dating erica.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
oh ok, not the same alex. referring to alex robbins, who DJ's there as well as W Hotel and other spots.

HaliBubba

TRIBE Promoter
i still will miss daome but i am sentimental. although, change = opportunity which is usually always a good thing. congrats on the new spot. sounds like you have room to grow now.

mama_foosh

TRIBE Member
i will in montreal mid June and i was planning on checking out Salon. could someone please post the name & address for the new place?

also, are there any other clubs that play house that anyone can recommend?

thanks! :)

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
mama_foosh said:
i will in montreal mid June and i was planning on checking out Salon. could someone please post the name & address for the new place?

also, are there any other clubs that play house that anyone can recommend?

thanks! :)

www.stereo-nightclub.com - If you have yet to go - go...

Also I believe the new place is at St Laurent / Mont Royal - accross from the club Central Station...

I am sure a few more places will be suggested...

You can also check out some Montreal message boards. :)

hahnsa

TRIBE Member
TribeLurkerGrrl said:
Any deets on Academy? This place still kicking?
Still Alive and Kickin'!

Soulmeka at the Academy
Every Friday and Saturday
4445 St-Laurent (corner of Mont-Royal)
Music programation by Uzi and Bettina (Bougie Soliterre)
Hosted by Natacha

Soulmeka is broadcasted worldwide on the net, every Saturday, on www.netmusique.com, from midnight until 3am.

Check out www.myspace.com/soulmeka for all of their new updates.

AshG

Well if anyone is in Montreal next week, I'm playing at the infamous Dizzy night at Academy Tuesday night. Should be fun!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders