• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sage - A Robot's Day at the Beach ("Pretty" techy house)

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Put most of these tracks on a cd to listen to on travels around the city and decided to mix them together. It turned out pretty good so here ya go:

1. Maxence Cyrin - Jaguar (Original by Rolando)
2. Phil Stumpf - Even Steven (Original Mix)
3. Sur I Kan - Living Inside (Original Mix)
4. Majik Johnson - Jump (Original Mix)
5. Jeff Samuel - Bork
6. The Postal Service - Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
7. Royksopp - 49 Percent (Mandy remix)
8. Swat Squad - Lunatica
9. Paradise Soul - Wake Up (Stretch Silvester and Mike Moday Dub remix)
10. Kelley Polar - My Beauty In The Moon
11. Aztec Mystic Aka Rolando - Knights Of The Jaguar (Original Mix)

Sage - A Robot's Day At The Beach
CUE

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Just some notes on this mix. I think it's pretty uplifting simple techy stuff. Really digging this kind of music right now. Here are some thoughts on the tracks:

Maxence Cyrin - Jaguar

From his album Modern Rhapsodies which is basically solo piano interpretations of EDM. Some of it works some of it doesn't. It is interesting to hear this music out of context though.

Phil Stumpf - Even Steven

Just beautiful and probably my favorite piece of music right now. Epic in its beauty and has that "instant classic' vibe. Gives me the same kind of feeling listening to Knights of the Jaguar.

Shur I kan - Living Inside

Ok so yeah the Mike Monday remix is a dancefloor destroyer no doubt. I like the original and it worked well in this mix. I have always loved Shur I Kan releases and this one is top notch.

Majik Johnson - Jump

Another choice cut from a consistently solid producer.

Jeff Samuel - Bork

Quirky minimal jam I fell in love with. Great bassline that drops out to a weird tone and drops back in. Minimal as it should be.

The Post Service - Such Great Heights (Tejada)

What is there to say about this fine pice of music:
Spinsah said:
I really think it might be one of the most affecting pieces of electronic music I've ever heard.

After hearing the original and The Shins cover, Tejada slows things down, adds so many layers and makes it into quite the mourful little piece of almost dance music. When those strings hit, it's total heartbreak. Yet I wouldn't call it a depressing song because the guitar line picks thing up just enough to look forward.
Royksopp - 49 Percent (MANDY)

One of the standout "electro" tracks from last year that will always be associated with sitting in a Mini in the parking lot outside 388 Carlaw NYE with tobywan and The Watcher. MANDY remix takes a nice journey to get to the vocal.

Swat Squad - Lunatica

I only starting listening to these guys recently and love everything they do. Keeping it on the funky tip always.

Paradise Soul - Wake Up (Stretch Sylvester and Mike Monday)

Almost dare I say it "trancy". But in a good way. In a back in the day way.

Kelley Polar - My Beauty In The Moon

A julliard trained violinist who apparently was kicked out due to his recitals being too strange. Responsible for the killer string arrangements in Metro Area tracks. Find this album you won't regret it!

Aztec Mystic - Knights of the Jaguar

Timeless.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Jeff Samuel - Bork

Quirky minimal jam I fell in love with. Great bassline that drops out to a weird tone and drops back in. Minimal as it should be.
Swat Squad - Lunatica

I only starting listening to these guys recently and love everything they do. Keeping it on the funky tip always.
Great mix sage, lots of (as you call it) "pretty" tracks in there. these two are standouts for me. I'm not seeing the hype over that tejada remix...maybe it will grow on me!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Wiseman said:
Royksopp - 49 Percent (MANDY)

One of the standout "electro" tracks from last year that will always be associated with sitting in a Mini in the parking lot outside 388 Carlaw NYE with tobywan and The Watcher. MANDY remix takes a nice journey to get to the vocal.
yeah, that was a pretty sweet moment...that's awesome of you:)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Seriously.

This is one the best mixes I've heard in a long time, on Tribe or anywhere for that matter. I thought I was just really loving it cause I was hammered, but on a subsequent listen, it's even better.

Big up your chest, Sage.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Fantastic mix Sage, really enjoyed it. Love the feeling of it, I think this one is gonna be rotation for a while.

JAR

TRIBE Member
yes guy! very pretty indeed. I'm really feeling that postal service track. Nice one Sage!