• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Sad to see not many threads here.. so I made one!

-Sixcat-

TRIBE Member
Vancouver Island boy, I spend my time enjoying my surroundings with boating, swimming, walking in the forest or along the beach. Ski hill is nearby and lots of small islands to explore. I love it here!

West is Best baby! :cool:

-Six-

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
BEAUTIFUL freaking day outside today. i think some golf is in order, followed by a plethora of ice cold beers on a patio.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Days like to today is what the vancouver scenery is made for.

Up to whistler to catch the Big Air comp and to see the tail end of an urban art exhibit.

There's a bike swap going on as well today so will see about picking up a bike for my lady.

Should be a nice drive up 99.

Colm

TRIBE Member
Victoria is stunning right now. It must be at least 20 degrees in the sun (much colder in the shade though). I'm firing up the BBQ.

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I'm so jealous of you all. As a transplanted Westerner (born in Van, residing in Toronto) I take no pleasure in telling you today its pissing rain and barely 7 degrees here. bah.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

watanabee

TRIBE Member
Sunny days in Vancouver are visually stunning, especially at this time of year when there is still a lot of snow in the mountains. I went for a quick ride up in Whistler yesterday around the valley trail. I had lunch next to a fresh water river in my shorts surrounded by mountains that were still white most of the way down, and only 2 hours from the city. Even when it's raining I think this place is gorgeous.

atbell

TRIBE Member
The sun and wind make for nasty sunburns though. You aren't hot but you are still getting the burn. That being said, with any luck tomorrow will mark my fourth day on the beach in a row!

ethnik

TRIBE Member
it has been SPECTACULAR the last 2 days. i spent monday kayaking in False Creek and then went over to English Bay, great paddle, great scenery, and a nice evening picnic on the beach watching the sun go down.

life is grand!

erikwh

TRIBE Member
^^ can you rent kayaks at false creek? Are you paddling near science world or out towards the bridges?

ethnik

TRIBE Member
you can rent kayaks from ecomarine on granville island. check out the website for more info if you are interested or pop by the shop sometime.

false creek IS kind of dirty on certain days, but you can paddle out to jericho beach or english bay on a rental. the creek is still a nice paddle though, nice and leasurely, and mostly calm pretty much all the time no matter what the wind and waves are doing out towards the beaches. it certainly gives an interesting perspective on the city, one that not too many people take the time to seek out ie from the water. urban paddling is tres cool!

stay away from the inner harbour area, only the BIG BOYS (cruise ships, tankers, cargo ships, etc) are allowed in there. the kits beach coast guard keep a watchful eye on that area to avoid any unfortunate incidents.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
this is officially my 3rd day.. so far ive walked over to Granville Island, went food shopping in the market. Today was spent at the convention center, aquarium, horse trolly ride through Stanley park.. and tomorrow im going riding in Whistler.

I love Vancouver.

:D

ethnik

TRIBE Member
ahhhhhhh the Granville market, if i have learned anything in my 5 weeks here so far, it is thta you have to shop there at your own peril! it quickly becomes addictive as there is so much yummy food, and it ends up costing you a FORTUNE.

welcome to van!

atbell

TRIBE Member
If you can find a job on Granville Island you can get a discount at the market. It's not much but it will help the addiction.

watanabee

TRIBE Member
~Loress~ said:
this is officially my 3rd day.. so far ive walked over to Granville Island, went food shopping in the market. Today was spent at the convention center, aquarium, horse trolly ride through Stanley park.. and tomorrow im going riding in Whistler.

I love Vancouver.

:D
Welcome to Vancouver;

Another great day trip is to go hiking over in Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver. There is quite a network of trails in there and you can take the 250 Horeshoe Bay bus nearly all the way from Georgia St W. There's a bunch of great rocks to sun yourself on and watch the tankers pass by.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
thanks! vancouver peeps have been so friendly :)

those trails sounds great.. my next purchase is def a good pair of runners/hiking boots.
and the weather has been beeeeautiful! hopefully its lasts for the weekend.. wreck beach here i come!

think i just may have to get a part-time job at granville market.. the food is just too good!

nice meeting gonzo and dj soo too! :)

watanabee

TRIBE Member
one of my favourite places to have breakfast in the summer is on the patio of Milestones overlooking English Bay. They have a killer eggs benedict as well.