• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Rye

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Good old Canadian Whiskey.

As a long time rye drinker in many forms (ginger ale, coke, neat, Manhattan, Old Fashioned, Sazerac, etc) I have once again found my go to rye at the LCBO.

CENTURY RESERVE 21 YEARS OLD CANADIAN RYE WHISKY

Like a fine wine, this whiskey just gets better and better with age.

And with all due respect to those who like Crown Royal, the Northern Harvest is crap in my opinion. But I have always thought Crown Royal was way over rated.

As a regular drink after work I go to my Stalk & Barrell which is so light and tasty.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
If it's an online pic, right click and open it. Then copy the address, then click the icon of the little Mountain at the top of these text boxes, paste the address.

If it's on your phone or camera you gotta upload it first to a hosting site, then you're gonna have to repeat what I wrote above

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I'm a fan of royal reserve. I live about 500m downstream from where the old distillery used to be so I started buying it because of that, but now it's my favourite and it's cheap. And it comes with a sticker for your toolbox. Or your tailgate if you like getting pulled over a lot.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Just back from a week in Indianapolis.

Templeton and Whistle Pig in the house.

Mmmmm

Good sipping whiskey

defazman

TRIBE Member
Our house default is the Canadian Club 100% rye. It's really good for $27. I also recently purchased a 26er of Wild Turkey 100% rye at the lcbo for $17. It was worth it.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Been LOVING Centennial Club since I first tried it this summer. I can't believe that a whiskey this good is under $27/bottle :)

octo

TRIBE Member

This has been my mainstay rye for the past year or so. very good on it's own and i like the way it tastes in old fashioned's. i like the spiciness.
It replaced Forty Creek Copper Pot in my cabinet.
Seems like rye has really taken off in the past couple of years. lots american distilleries producing it. Lot 40 is great.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Coming soon to the LCBO from Corby's:

Lot 40 Cask Strength (12 year old rye $69.95)

Gooderham & Worts Little Trinity (17 year old blended corn/rye/wheat) $79.95

Pike Creek 21 Year Old (finished in Speyside Malt cask) $89.95

J.P. Wiser's 35 Year Old (164.95)