1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Russia

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bernnie Federko, Jun 27, 2017.

1. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

just curious about what they tweet about.

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

3. Bernnie Federko

4. Bernnie Federko

5. Bernnie Federko

6. Charlie476

Charlie476 New Member

Social media is prone to making a mountain out of a molehill. For some reason, there is much that's negative and not a lot that's positive. But there must surely be something good. I think, Russia is not that bad a country.

7. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

As a person of estonian descent on my grandfather's side, and on my grandmothers - descended from a Karelian family exiled to Finland, their town burning behind them under the watchful eye of Stalins soldiers (who were hoping to replace these people with "real russians") - i disagree!

All THAT said, theres a lot to respect in Russian ingenuity and as much as they walked all over my families if it werent for them the Nazis would have won WW2 - its our western centric narrative which often forgets that the success of D Day and the march east to Berlin was paved with millions of Russian dead, tying up the most fearsome army ever assembled and drowning it in a sea of its own burned out tanks in Kursk and Stalingrad. Only 1 in 7 Russian boys born in those cohorts who were of military age as WW2 started ended up surviving the war. Thats a price none of us can really contemplate.

For that sacrifice we owe a lot, though the price was not nothing, and my families kept paying that price for decades after the war ended, living under Tryanny and a Police State in Occupied Estonia

8. Bernnie Federko

Facebook is still being used to manipulate American elections. Russia is (still) probably to blame.

This sounds familiar.
    It should. Facebook has been in hot water for the last couple of years for failing to prevent Russia from meddling in the 2016 presidential election. ICYMI, a Russian troll farm was responsible for creating profiles and pages, and buying ads on Facebook to divide Americans and influence votes during the U.S. election. The posted content reached more than 130 million Americans.

And now?
    Yesterday, the social network said itfound and removed 32 accounts and pages across Facebook and Instagram for “coordinated inauthentic behaviour.” These accounts had already reached at least 290,000 people. While Facebook couldn’t directly link the accounts to Russia, it said that the activity was similar to previous Russian interference. This time, the accounts used internet phone services, third parties, and VPNs (virtual private networks) to hide their locations. They also paid for some of their ads using Canadian dollars.

9. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Catching people like our new Tribe member here:

Post #1 - arent conspiracies real?
    Post #2 - arent the Russians not so bad really?

OR

Charlie476 is a Russian Bot

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  10. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

How many russian bots were pushing pizzagate, The Storm and QAnon?

11. Bernnie Federko

All them.

12. Speshul KKK(uck)'s failure will not be repeated.

It will be a failure in a whole new way.

praktik likes this.
  13. Bernnie Federko

14. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

15. Bernnie Federko

16. Bernnie Federko

17. Bernnie Federko

18. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

Although the Russians defo played a part in some of this, it's weird to see the Dems/european Left make such a hard return to the wacky Kremlinology of the pre-Glasnost era.

I feel a lot of it is a washing their own hands ploy, as though the system worked just fine before when nothing could be further from the truth.

Russia are not nearly as competent as the western powers/media like to portray, and when/where they do succeed there's usually a gaping hole in the systems that was cheap and easy to exploit
    even in the most bumbling of manners e.g. the Litvinenko killing and the Novichok shit recently: Alexander Litvinenko and the most radioactive towel in history

So many useless liberal media people making plenty money penning the articles though, or going on gigantic tweetstorms a la Eric 'too much coke' Garland because for sure it's easier to blame the Russkis than to accept that they are minor players -at best- in the ultimate failure of late-stage capitalism.

19. Bernnie Federko

20. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Running interference for Oligarchs to own the Libs. The Greenwald shuffle.

workdowntown and praktik like this.
  21. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

The Problem Isn’t Fake News From Russia. It’s Us.

workdowntown likes this.
  22. Bernnie Federko

Bolton: Election hacking ineffective but still rude
    National Security Adviser John Bolton told a Russian radio station Monday that the multi-level Russian scheme to impact the 2016 election didn't have any effect, but nonetheless made relationships between Washington and Moscow more difficult. He's currently in the region to meet with his Russian counterparts.
    Key quote:
    "The point I made to Russian colleagues today was that I didn't think, whatever they had done in terms of meddling in the 2016 election, that they had any effect on it, but what they have had an effect in the United States is to sow enormous distrust of Russia."
    — John Bolton to radio station Ekho Moskvy

My thought bubble: This — in line with the administration's general unprovable position that hacking the DNC and spewing propaganda over RT and social media had no effect — strikes some people as insincere.
    But, it's not clear what people expect Bolton to say here. It's awfully hard, strategically, to tell Russia: "Your campaign worked. Stop doing it anyway."

23. Bolton is a fucking joke. His fucking tough guy act is as ridiculous as his that mop on his face he calls a mustache

24. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

everyone knows he's evil, but gosh darn it he looks so much like Ned Flanders.

25. That comment wins bro.