• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What an unlikely spokesman for revolution. Everything he says is true but waking people up from their smartphone trances is going to be really tough.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
....and if they blamed the system, it's because their dealer went to prison and they were forced to be clean for awhile.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Also, "Russell Brand May Have Started A Revolution Last Night" may be a tad hyperbolic (I know you didn't write it ravinjunkie). He's a comedian who went on a rant on TV. Somehow I don't think the government is about to be overthrown because of a youtube clip.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Also, "Russell Brand May Have Started A Revolution Last Night" may be a tad hyperbolic (I know you didn't write it ravinjunkie). He's a comedian who went on a rant on TV. Somehow I don't think the government is about to be overthrown because of a youtube clip.
I think its mainly the tie in to the "revolution" themed magazine issue he guest edited.

Sympathetic to a lot of his perspective - but its also going to be good for that issue's readership, should push up the numbers nicely!

I'm not sure that invalidates what he says - just an observation.

silver1

TRIBE Member
So in summary:

- "The current system doesn't work" (goes on to explain what is wrong with the current system)

- "So how do you propose we change it?"

- "I don't know. I'm busy writing a magazine article. But there will be a revolution, and someone else smarter than me will figure out a solution"

Puma

TRIBE Member
he is not directly blaming his drug problems on the system. Some of you are mocking him like your 12 years old. what he is saying is that the system creates a massive underclass who are struggling every day in poverty. to ease the pain they sell and consume drugs as an escape from the harsh realities of every day life.

Its really a sad states of affairs when comedians are the only ones who tell the truth. The media is bought and paid for sells entertainment and propaganda.

I think George Carlin said all this better and with less theatrical drug twitching

George Carlin -"Who Really Controls America" - YouTube

WestsideWax

TRIBE Promoter
he is not directly blaming his drug problems on the system. Some of you are mocking him like your 12 years old. what he is saying is that the system creates a massive underclass who are struggling every day in poverty. to ease the pain they sell and consume drugs as an escape from the harsh realities of every day life.
Another *whoosh*

I'm pretty sure no one in this thread is mocking him, and that everyone understands the social underpinnings that lead to harmful, addictive behaviour.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Well we wouldn't have such an underclass if we had just gone ahead and cut taxes enough and got Big Government out of our pockets!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders