• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rumour Mills are so highschool

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Like seriously, when do people stop spreading worthless garbage like some really bad game of telephone? When do people stop talking nice to people's faces and shit behind their backs?

Some people seriously need to wake up and grow up. Most of us are not in highschool anymore.

</rant>

*c*

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Aw, I thought this thread was about Jeff Mills spinning at someone's grad party.

BBB.

:( <-- He hates misunderstandings.

They make him sad..

:mad: <--..then just plain mad.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
Is someone spreading rumours about you, Kickit?
Or about someone you know?

Ming.

Not really me but I'm sure there's some doozies about me about there somewhere. I just find it funny how people in a scene say they're this tight knit family when in reality they're all a bunch of rumour spreading backstabbers.

*c*

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Keep notes.. sometimes at work I used to tell certain people key bits of misinformation then watch the trail of rumour to see who I could actually trust.

The sad thing was, I found I couldn't trust many people at all.

It has always boggled my mind how much people enjoy slagging their "friends". People are generally hypocrites and liars. If you've got a beef with someone, or an opinion about their life, have a little self-respect and respect for your "friends" and tell them to their face instead of scuttling around like a little roach.

If people have nothing better to do than talk about MY life, I feel very sorry for them..

BBB.

..regardless of how exciting my life may or may not be.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

juice

TRIBE Member
I heard that chuck took down a certain office wall to get closer to a certain someone else. That's all I'll say though, drawn your own conclusions :)

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by juice
I heard that chuck took down a certain office wall to get closer to a certain someone else. That's all I'll say though, drawn your own conclusions :)

Haha! That doesn't compare to what I heard about what you and a certain Mr. X do in the guys washroom.

*c*

mingster

TRIBE Member
I think that happens if you let it.
You have the power to control what you're involved in. And consequently, you send a message to others about what you will tolerate when it comes to talk about yourself.

If you're sitting around and gossip starts happening, get up and leave. Tell them politely, you'd rather not be involved. They'll understand that you're not interested.

Gossip is such a turn-off. And for the record, I think there is a difference between discussing friends and just talking about shit. There's a difference between expressing concern/discussing with a purpose and being malicious.

People might talk about you if you do this, but at least you can feel confident that you did the right thing. You'll have no regrets. Gossip doesn't exist with everyone. I rarely see it or hear it. Although TRIBE has it's fair share, I know. But that's kind of unavoidable. Just do your part to avoid it.

Hope this helps. :)

Ming.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by BigBadBaldy

People are generally hypocrites and liars. If you've got a beef with someone, or an opinion about their life, have a little self-respect and respect for your "friends" and tell them to their face instead of scuttling around like a little roach.

^^^^Amen.

Look at the bright side: now you know who your real friends are, and who to toss.

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT

Haha! That doesn't compare to what I heard about what you and a certain Mr. X do in the guys washroom.

*c*
It was the cleaning lady and she was wonderful, but then she broke my heart when she was deported :(

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
^^^ @ mingster
There have been many times where people have been telling me shit, and I have to stop them and tell them firmly that I really don't care, and that whatever they're spouting is neither my or their business. I mean, everyone is guilty of this shit, but every now and then you have to confront it.

The sad thing is, I don't think most people would think anything of this response other than the person who didn't want to hear the gossip was a self-righteous prig. Dishing is so acceptable.

BBB.

Oh, and Lee? Nothing wrong with speading the truth, Brother! Baaaaa!

..sometimes I dig UP goats, and give them some necroluvvins. :D

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I don't understand people who think they know everything about everyone when really they don't know anything at all but still feel the need to exert their supreme social knowledge.

Some people are just socially inept and gossip is the only means they have to feel "cool".

Some people are just malicious by nature.

They all need a reality check.

*c*

mingster

TRIBE Member

Some people are just malicious by nature.

*c*

Usually, these people have their own feelings or low-self-worth, or inadequacy. Gossipers have boring lives, or feel the need to be involved in something, or want to be the ones who bring on "the hottest tidbits".

Recently, I walked away from a situation where I felt really bad, for listening to the gossip. Even though it was making me lose my appetite. I didn't want to be rude, or seem weird. But I should have left the room. Next time I will.

I can control what goes on while I'm in a room.
And I will.

Ming.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Like seriously, when do people stop spreading worthless garbage like some really bad game of telephone? When do people stop talking nice to people's faces and shit behind their backs?

Some people seriously need to wake up and grow up. Most of us are not in highschool anymore.

</rant>

*c*

yeah

I had a huge fight with one of my roommates this year bc i told her that she was a know it all and well, she took great offense to it and started insulting the way my parents raised me and so on. So i left to go outside to calm myself down and have a smoke. The walls in residence are paper thin. I waited outside the door in the starwell and about 5 minutes later, she started talkign about me.

That's all my old roommates did was talk about each other behind their back. My other roommate couldn't stand it and so she was always in her room to avoid them.

My college is one big rumour mill. You can't trust anyone or tell anyone a sceret bc it will fly around res and before you know everyone will know!!

That's what sucks.

I couldn't stand it!

god im glad i'm done school for this year.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster

Usually, these people have their own feelings or low-self-worth, or inadequacy. Gossipers have boring lives, or feel the need to be involved in something, or want to be the ones who bring on "the hottest tidbits".

Recently, I walked away from a situation where I felt really bad, for listening to the gossip. Even though it was making me lose my appetite. I didn't want to be rude, or seem weird. But I should have left the room. Next time I will.

I can control what goes on while I'm in a room.
And I will.

Ming.

The good thing is, people like this eventually get exposed for the fools that they are and they get their's. Going from malicious rumour monger to social outkast can be an humbling experience.

*c*

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
I might be a bit off, but isn't there a difference between rumours and gossip.

Rumours being nasty lies that people feel the need to tell in order to "get" at someone.

Gossip on the other hand can simply be friends discussing another friends situation when that friend isn't there, maybe they're discussing the best way to approach that person about a certain situation................On the other hand, gossip can also be mean and cruel, if you're intentionally out to hurt someone.

I think most people in life have talked about a person when they're not around............whether it's to boast about how proud you are of your friend or to bitch about how much they pissed you off yesterday...............sometimes, you just need to vent and get things off your chest............

However, rumours are just lies. Or truths that have been modified to hurt people. That's just mean and childish.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl
Gossip on the other hand can simply be friends discussing another friends situation when that friend isn't there, maybe they're discussing the best way to approach that person about a certain situation................On the other hand, gossip can also be mean and cruel, if you're intentionally out to hurt someone.

I think most people in life have talked about a person when they're not around............whether it's to boast about how proud you are of your friend or to bitch about how much they pissed you off yesterday...............sometimes, you just need to vent and get things off your chest............

That's not gossip.
That's just talking about your friends. And there is nothing wrong with that. Gossip would be talking about events or things about someone, when you know they might prefer dishing it out themselves.

Ming.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
LeoGirl, rumour is an unproven story or tidbit, and gossip is the spreading of rumours.

Anyone who likes to spread rumours is a simple-minded, little fuck who isn't worth your time anyways Chuck.