• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rudolph is on!!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
I think this might belong in the tribe confessional thread- but i own *all* of
the Rankin/Bass videos
art.rudolph.ap.jpg

And somebody's had the original puppets restored too
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/04/real.rudolph.ap/

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
it's on again, i have the cbc schedule of holiday specials on my fridge!

I would love to know when. I absolutely love the christmas specials.:)

I watched a bit last night..but then had to get ready for work.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Here's a kickass list I found:

Christmas specials come but once a year

ANDREW RYAN

From Friday's Globe and Mail

November 30, 2007 at 3:41 AM EST

For some, the warmest holiday memories don't involve woodsy treks to chop down the tree. Many remember the quality time spent in front of the TV. Here's what to watch for:

FAMILY FAVOURITES

Shrek the Halls (CTV, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m.; repeats Dec. 11 on CTV and ABC): The new special finds the green ogre's holiday spirit dampened by the sudden appearance of Donkey, Puss in Boots and the gang. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (ABC, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m.; YTV, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 24 at 1 p.m.): Narrated by Fred Astaire and with Mickey Rooney voicing the character of Santa. Learn the real story of how he met Mrs. Claus.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (CBS, Dec. 4 at 8 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 16 at 7 p.m.; YTV, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m.): The most beloved of all holiday specials (and the most parodied). Still cute, but shield the kids from the terrifying Island of Misfit Toys.

Frosty the Snowman (CBS, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 17 at 8:30 p.m.): The 1969 cartoon tells the story of the jolly snowman who befriends a little girl, and then melts. There's a message in there.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (CBC, Dec. 17 at 8 p.m.; Dec. 23 at 7 p.m.): Dr. Seuss wrote the book, Chuck Jones made the cartoon and Boris Karloff narrated the story. If there isn't a tear in your eye when the Grinch's heart grows three sizes, well, you're not human.

A Charlie Brown Christmas (YTV, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m.): First broadcast in 1965, Charles Schulz's morality fable still holds up. Charlie Brown desperately seeks the true meaning of Christmas and buys a scrawny tree, which opens him to harsh ridicule. Linus fixes everything by reading Bible verse. The lesson here: Get that tree early.

Santa Calls (Rogers, Dec. 17 to 20, 8 p.m.) No need to write a letter. In this live show, Santa takes children's calls in the last week before the big day.

Mr. Christmas Mr. Bean (CBC, Dec. 23 at 7:30 p.m.) Only Mr. Bean would try to stuff the turkey with his head.

FESTIVE SPECIALS

Corner Gas (CTV, Dec. 3 at 8:30 p.m.): In a rebroadcast of last year's holiday outing, Brent is forced to cope with his mother's plans for a traditional Christmas. Meanwhile, Hank heads a gift drive for an extremely unappreciative family.

Decorating Cents: 100 Holiday Ideas Under $100 (HGTV, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m.): Seasonal design ideas for the frugal-minded.

ER (NBC, CTV, Dec. 6 at 10 p.m.): The 300th episode of the medical drama finds the emergency room congested during the holiday season. In the storylines, Luka and Abby suddenly head for Croatia; Peter Fonda guest-stars.

Tom & Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale (Teletoon, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m.) Tchaikovsky's music underscores the magical cat and mouse games.

Saturday Night Live: Christmas Special (NBC, Dec. 13 at 9:30 p.m.): The best moments from holiday specials of years past, including the sketch depicting an alternative ending of It's a Wonderful Life.

Nigella's Christmas Kitchen (Food Network, Dec. 13 at 10 p.m.): The English cooking temptress prepares a vast range of high-calorie treats.

Crazy Christmas Lights

(TLC, Dec. 12 at 8 p.m.): Go inside the lives of families who spend untold sums decorating their homes with garish neon displays. Not interviewed: their poor neighbours.

An Avonlea Christmas

(CTV, Dec. 16 at 7 p.m.): From 1998, matriarch Hetty King (Jackie Burroughs) discovers the value of family and hope during the Christmas season.

The Office (NBC, Dec. 20 at 10 p.m.): A rebroadcast of last year's episode in which the staff of Dunder-Mifflin are split between two competing parties. Michael , meanwhile, sends out a wildly inappropriate Christmas card.

Home for the Holidays (CBS, Dec. 21 at 8 p.m.): Sheryl Crow and other celebrities appear in the annual special that raises awareness about adoption.

Gospel Challenge: Christmas Special (Vision, Dec. 21 at 10 p.m.): Gospel choirs offer their unique interpretations of Ave Maria and other holiday standards. Bring it on.

Trailer Park Boys X-mas

(Showcase, Dec. 24 at 9 p.m.) Bubbles and the boys gather for the Christmas bonfire in a heartwarming, profanity-laden special like no other.

WonderPets: Save the Reindeer (TVO, Dec. 25 at 8:30 a.m., 4 p.m.) Linny, Tuck and Ming Ming too are called out on a Christmas adventure.

The Secret World of Santa Claus (Teletoon, Dec. 26, 6 a.m.) A marathon of the animated series that wonders what Santa does the rest of the year - and it's not about making toys.

MOVIE CHESTNUTSThe Polar Express (2004)

(Today, ABC, at 8 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 16 at 8 p.m.): Based on the best-selling book, the animated film is about a young boy on a fantastic train journey to the North Pole.

Scrooged (1988) (YTV, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 23 at 6 p.m.): An underappreciated take on the story starring Bill Murray.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) (CBC, Dec. 23 at 8 p.m.): Chevy Chase's finest hour as Clark Griswold.

Home Alone (1990) (YTV, Dec. 15 at 8:30 p.m.; CMT, Dec. 23 at 8 p.m.): The movie that made Macaulay Culkin a star.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) (NBC, Dec. 14 at 8 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 24 at 7 p.m.): James Stewart is George Bailey, the everyman who learns the world would be a much worse place without him.

A Christmas Carol (1984)

(Vision, Dec. 17 at midnight): George C. Scott makes a perfect curmudgeonly Scrooge.

Miracle on 34th Street (1994) (CBC, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m.): The dreadful remake starring Richard Attenborough.

A Christmas Carol/Scrooge (1951) (CTV, Dec. 24 at 11:30 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 24 at 11 p.m.): The British film starring Alastair Sim goes by two titles.

A Christmas Story (1983)

(TBS, Dec. 24 at 8 p.m. to Dec. 25 at 6 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 25 at 2 p.m.): Everyone knows the story of Ralphie's attempts to get a BB gun for Christmas.

White Christmas (1954)

(CBC, Dec. 25 at 4 p.m.) A must-see, if simply to watch Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye perform Sisters in drag.

montanamo

TRIBE Member
I like “A Christmas Story”.

“Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” is really annoying though, made me hate Christmas.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
The Sound Of Music

Call me gay but this movie is a guilty pleasure for me, watch it every year around this time!

Saw an ad on a station last night that it's playing soon... by chance, anyone know what station is airing this soon and when? Think it might be this weekend?

:)

deveator

TRIBE Member
Anyone know when "Meet me in St. Louis" is playing? Always wanted to watch that. Nothing says Christmas like Judy Garland on a bottle of barbiturates.

billy

TRIBE Member
The Kid said:
Frosty the Snowman (CBS, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m.; CBC, Dec. 17 at 8:30 p.m.): The 1969 cartoon tells the story of the jolly snowman who befriends a little girl, and then melts. There's a message in there.

LOL! frosty gets chummy with a little girl....AND THEN DIES!!

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
The Kid said:
thanks dude, did a search and couldn't find it.

just printed off in colour here at work... going up on ye olde fridge tonight!

:D

man i love this shit!

;)

no probs! i actually printed one off here in colour, because it is oh so festive!

kmac

TRIBE Member
The Kid said:
Call me gay but this movie is a guilty pleasure for me, watch it every year around this time!

Saw an ad on a station last night that it's playing soon... by chance, anyone know what station is airing this soon and when? Think it might be this weekend?

:)

I always had a crush on the Nazi postman.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
starrshyne said:
the christmas toy is one of my favourites! it's so effing depressing and amazing!

i have them both on VHS, but was hoping to upgrade to the DVDs :(

I can buy it from there for 50 pounds. But 50 pounds for a DVD?! AHHH