1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

RubiCON on AMC

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Aug 23, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Well the pilot was kind of interesting, but last night's episode had me nodding off. I hope something actually happens in the next episode.

2. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

I've watched the first 5 episodes so far, and as cerebral as it is, they are definitely taking the slow build approach.

The last 6-7 episodes I bet will be nuts.

Stream it here http://www.icefilms.info/tv/series/2/1970

3. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

watched very first ep last night - i'm intrigued

4. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

Any show that has to remind the viewers in promos as to how smart its, really isn't very smart at all. I watched two episodes and it is all gimmick, no substance.

5. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

This show just gets me to Mad Men

6. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

never heard of the tv show but like the juices
    [​IMG]

7. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

+1 agree

the chick with the round face is cute though...

8. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

Of course you're watching the show just so you can get on here after each episode and deflate aaaall the enjoyable conspiracy theories.

Buzzkill.

9. I struggled with 3 episodes - the pilot was intriguing, but the momentum is almost non-existent and it moves at a glacial pace. If it picks up, someone let me know, and I'll try to sit through it again.

10. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

The slow build is starting to bear some fruit, last few episodes have been great.

11. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

Haven't seen last night's ep (ep#8), but am enjoying the ride thus far

12. alexd

OK, so Rubicon is so damn slow that I think all 8 episodes so far could have been squeezed into 1 or 2 and covered the same ground.

I gather, between bouts of nodding off, that basically a star chamber of retired and active agency directors is running everything behind the scenes, and if anyone finds out that they exist they get bumped off. This doesn't explain how Will Travers (or anybody) can walk into their office building with such ease and peel a diirectory off a phone in plain sight that contains all their names and numbers.

Enough with the four leaf clover already. I am expecting a crazed leprechaun to come out of the shrubbery and attack someone at any minute.

Also, why the hell does Will do everything gay-guying-wearing-black-all-the-time (Kale) tells him to do? What does this Kale guy do anyway but slink around and get everyone ratting out everyone else? In a small office like that he would be fired or transferred to Gnome Alaska or something. Anybody who slinks around an office wearing black all the time needs to be fired. Shouldn't Kale at least wear colors once and a while? Or at least maybe an interesting pair of designer eyeglasses with colored frames even . It would make a great disguise in that setting.

I hope something happens in tonight's show. Or else.

13. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

ya me too - and I think partly cause there's some actors I haven't really seen before, like Kale and Kale's boss (especially) who Im really enjoying.

I'm also responding to the palette of the show and the cinematography overall. So far so good we'll see what it has lying in wait for us cause that will make or break it.

14. alexd

WTF! Even the bedroom scene in episode 9 was boring!

15. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

yeah but for some reason i'm hooked. fack. when does magneto come in?

16. alexd

exactly. this is the most boring and monotonous show on television but it is somehow addictive.

17. alexd

Just enough happened in last night's episode to make me want to watch it again next week. Still, I real don't care what happens to any of the characters, either way.

18. erika

erika TRIBE Member

^
    I saw my first episode last night. If I'm around I may watch the next one; I don't have that "oh that was really good" feeling at this stage, but it is somewhat interesting.

19. alexd

I am not really looking forward to watching tonight's episode. In fact I am rather ambivalent about it. Nothing will happen, still, I will reluctantly watch it while multitasking on my notebook. Or maybe not. It doesn't matter really. Rubicon inspires such excitement in me, comparable to watching laundry circle around in the front load washer: sort of mesmerizing but pointless really.

20. mutslaster

mutslaster TRIBE Member

NEWSFLASH: something finally happens on Rubicon

21. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

it's interesting how conspiracy theory is becoming a genre again

the show seems like an expanded three days of the condor

22. erika

erika TRIBE Member

It's good to alternate with Weeds.

23. alexd

Totally! Its about time I say. And I totally have a crush on the Maggie the weird looking secretary with the killer bod and also Tanya when she is not jonesing.

24. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

finale was good. nice reveals along the latter stages of the season

25. mutslaster

mutslaster TRIBE Member