• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

rrose

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/lucy/rrose-waterfall-lucy-remix[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I'm extremely intrigued by this dj, not only is he so fucking mysterious, but I love his glitch.

Saw him at DEMF this year, and would love to hear him play a really long ass set.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/stroboscopicartefacts/sam016[/SOUNDCLOUD]

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I was hoping for an afterparty, I don't think he will be playing more than an hour set as the line up looks pretty packed.

A four hour set would be ideal.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
He's playing live so an hour is probably the best you could expect.

Nevertheless, I will be coming out of my cave for this one.

Very pumped.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
This guy is a fucking genius. Probably my favourite dj/producer right now. I was lucky enough to see him at DEMF and even though the sound in the underground was absolute shit, his was by far the best set of the festival. Seeing him the other week here in Toronto just made me even more impressed. Love the way he builds a set with all these ridiculous layers of sounds and such an atmosphere. One hour was too short, but I'll take what I can get.

PS. That Lucy remix of Waterfall has nothing on the original ;)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
You missed out!

Rrose was fantastic the other month, as always. Definitely my favourite DJ/producer. An absolute master at creating mood and atmosphere. My only complaint is that his/her sets here are always too short (pretty sure they have all been live PA's). I want more!!!

The Truth

TRIBE Member
only just found out that he/she used to produce under Sutekh!

Also, here is a rare interview with Rrose and MUTEK Director Patti Schmidt where they discuss gender politics, sexuality, and aesthetics in dance music.