• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Royal Canadian Air Farce

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
This Hour has 22 Minuts puts Air Farce to shame.

Air Farce humour is too obvious. My mom loves that show though... go figure. I think a lot of people's parents like RACF, well... that and Mike Bullard, which I will never understand either... :confused:

Pete

joey

TRIBE Member
RCAF, 22 minutes and dumbass bullard all realllly suck

they give canadian tv such a bad rep

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Air Farce is just gawd awful. 22 Minutes is alright though, sucks that Rick Mercer left though.

I have a question though: how come everyone on these shows has the stereotypical Canadian accent? Is it a requirement?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Sense of Humour

Royal Canadian Air Farce tends to use more family-oriented comedy, whereas This Hour Has 22 Minutes uses a darker satirical approach (which I think is reflective of their Maritime roots). It's not surprising that the latter is more appealing to younger audiences.

MartyMcFly

TRIBE Promoter
maybe RCAF should have stayed on the radio...
its been on CBC radio for atleast 10-20 years

why not go down & see mike bullard?
I dont like the guy either...
but i went to experience something new.
and the show is WAY funnier live... than watching it on TV.
then again "the game" (triple-h) was there
and so was that pretty ski jumper who won a silver in saltlake!!!

Deus

TRIBE Member
I love the Air Farce. I think it's funny, but I've never really seen 22 minutes, I've only caught glimpses of it. Perhaps I should watch that too.

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
maybe RCAF should have stayed on the radio...
its been on CBC radio for atleast 10-20 years

why not go down & see mike bullard?
I dont like the guy either...
but i went to experience something new.
and the show is WAY funnier live... than watching it on TV.
then again "the game" (triple-h) was there
and so was that pretty ski jumper who won a silver in saltlake!!!

we went and saw the show once too....
it was ghetto, it had stupid ghetto canadian "stars" that were stupid and ghetto

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
Mike Bullard ain't funny, plain and simple

And Marty is right, the Air Farce was the best on radio...I'd always go down to see them do the live tapings at Massey Hall.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AlyG

TRIBE Member
Keeels meee

But how funny is the sketch "Talking to Americans"?! One of the only things on TV that makes me howl...was watching last week(ish) when Rick Mercer went to Little Rock. Convinced these people, one of whom was the governor, that our "federal building" was actually an igloo! He also told them that the Americans have a copyright of the word "dollar" and that we had to use "loonie" instead...another where he told them we were putting our elderly out to sea on icebergs!! I could go on and on...:)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
when is the daily show on? I have only caught it a few times by accident and Martin Short as that fat interviewer guy just had me ROFL

kurtz

TRIBE Member
Daily Show is on the comedy network 11pm
and youre right about martin short being funny as hell in that character!