• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Royal Bank of Scotland says " SELL EVERYTHING "

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Markets are heading for a 'cataclysmic year' in 2016, warns RBS - Jan. 12, 2016

Oil is @ $32 a barrel.
RBC is testing their shit to see if it can take it @ $30.
$25 a barrel isn't a far stretch.
I bet it will go lower than $20. maybe even $15.

Our Dollar has now dropped as low as it's been since 2003...below 70 cents.
1.00 american buys 1.43 canadian.

This is a recession. Has been since Mid 2015, despite Harper's lies it was all good.
Any of you worried ?

Stop Bill C-10

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
If you are worried, unwind whatever you may have and sit back and watch.

Yes, could be a bumpy ride but nothing that hasn't happened many times over.

On the plus side, I'm hoping the price of gas drop down to the mid $0.80 level. And I'll continue to sleep well on my mattress full of cash (LOL).

2016 is going to be interesting to say the least.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Boom and bust is part of the package with a capitalist system, people who tell you different are deluded and likely trying to sell you on an investment that benefits them.

The only question is how much our policies can aggravate/cushion the cyclical nature of capitalism, but no one can ever be free of the boom/bust cycle in a capitalist economy

maphi

TRIBE Member
So I guess this means it's going to be $6 dollars surcharge at the ATM maschine.

Yes but you will get the chance to compose a solid German tekno beat while you're there.

51K4P7REBKL._SY355_.jpg

praktik

TRIBE Member
So I guess this means it's going to be $6 dollars surcharge at the ATM maschine.

Thankfully politicians in the US and Canada starting to make an issue out of these fees - while market forces encourage banks to set these fees as high as they think we will tolerate without burning down their buildings, starting to see regulatory pushback coalescing in both Canada and the US.

Im not certain we will see fees go much higher as banks may be smart enough to realize they will only encourage these forces marshalling against them to push harder for regs on fees that may roll back their prospective increases even further than they were before they jacked them.

djfear

TRIBE Member
Bad for Canadian suppliers who insist on using the US Dollar for their transactions. My buddy has to deal with these and it's hurting him.