• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roommate Rental Landlord Living-Space Neighbour Horror Stories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Is it really your wife calling the shots? because it seems every landlord you get, they can't fall over themselves fast enough to get the racoons out of the attic.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
dude..it's 20 degrees out. why do you need the furnace on
Durin the day, yes. At night it's hitting low teens, and as low as 9 over the next few days.

Our bedrooms upstairs have shitty insulation and even last night it was 16 in our room

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
How much shit have renters stolen from me.... let me count the ways...

I literally was cannibalizing my own property to house tenants who were the scum of the earth.

Attention landlords: Do not EVER, EVER even THINK of renting to people on OW or ODSP. It will be the bane of your existence.

I'm still recovering from them.

They belong in rooming houses or the street.

-jM
A&D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Basement tenants just moved out today!

Not only does that mean that she has a place for her mom if she needs it, but that she's known for a few weeks that it is available - thus making her actions malicious!

This is amazing

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
So an owner has to take whatever unit/space is empty? They can't choose? How do you go about proving the other tenants moved out (
purely out of curiosity)?

djfear

TRIBE Member
I thought we're planning the BBQ. What am I supposed to bring? I can make a mean scalloped potato dish (I just made one tonight). I don't care about some basement tenants, I care about getting my prot count in!

baconpanbaconpanbaconpan

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
So an owner has to take whatever unit/space is empty? They can't choose? How do you go about proving the other tenants moved out (
purely out of curiosity)?
The board has ruled such in previous cases. In this case, the feasibility of a 95 year old lady with mobility issues in such a home is just not there. The

I have pictures of them moving out and a recorded encounter telling me their last day.

But alas, this is the end if this for now. We've accepted a lease offer for a new home and willcbe moving out shortly.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Congrats on your new place. My advice is (for whatever it's worth), if you have any issues with your new landlord, I'd avoid posting it in here. You will be eaten alive. :p

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Congrats on your new place. My advice is (for whatever it's worth), if you have any issues with your new landlord, I'd avoid posting it in here. You will be eaten alive. :p

heh, thanks.

I'm pretty confident that we will be in a better position, as this landlord runs 8+ properties

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I hope we don't see your sorry ass in here anymore, and you can get along with the next landlords.

Hopefully you won't accuse them of building a house on the planet earth.