• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roommate Rental Landlord Living-Space Neighbour Horror Stories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Of course awwnaww, as with all of us we are the hero of the story

I'm sure Bacchus can list several motivations all of us would find some resonance with and accept as valid or even noble

The fact some are inventing more crass or negative motivations says more about the posters than it could about Bacchus, with whom they have little if any direct knowledge

And even if they were right, a rational person would concede that Bacchus follows more than one motivation and some of these must be well intended

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Oh gotchya. So no other emotional motivation other than all your landlords are unlawful.
pretty much. We saw red flags with the landlord, and ignored them because we wanted to live in a nice home and were hoping that because she's a first time landlord she would come to accept that our contract is governed by government laws.

Congrats on getting married. (I'm assuming this happened at some point between landlords as she was your girlfriend during one fight :) )
yeah, we got married in May...thanks

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
It's nice to see TRIBE getting all worked up over something and getting lots of posts. But I must say, this is pretty lame for subject matter.

I wish we had some action in the rest of the forum.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

kyfe

TRIBE Member
It's nice to see TRIBE getting all worked up over something and getting lots of posts. But I must say, this is pretty lame for subject matter.

I wish we had some action in the rest of the forum.
I guessed you missed the part where someone complained that this convo has gone on for so long. Probably the same person that complains it's dead or that there aren't enough sub forums

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I guessed you missed the part where someone complained that this convo has gone on for so long. Probably the same person that complains it's dead or that there aren't enough sub forums
I had complained a little too a few pages back. I guess my own bad for reading it still. :p

Re: Shoe

TRIBE Member
Bacchus has provided some good information
I've learned so far:

- The Investigation and Enforcement unit is separate from the Landlord and Tenant Board, and a complaint to the IEU has nothing to do with a filing with the LTB.

- A 'no pets' clause in a tenancy agreement is void under Ontario law, but is valid under BC law.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
I’m not suggesting Bacchus has been completely in the wrong in all of his landlord kerfuffles nor do I not empathize how much it must suck. And fuck ya…landlord shouldn’t feel entitled to a return on their investment with no responsibility. Sure he's on the 'right side of the law’ in these scenarios. I think it’s like when you go on a first date with someone and they show up late, or they are on their phones the whole time, or they talk with their mouth full; that they are giving you signs that the future with them may not be all that swell so it may be best to just avoid future dates not to mention a relationship. I’m sitting over here eye rolling because I think there were signs that things weren’t going to be perfect when landlord and the Bacchus family first got together :)

I suspect, that in person perhaps the ‘landlord’ exhibited signs of either not being well versed in the LTA (agree, this is their responsibility), perhaps english wasn’t a first language, and Bacchus was confident that if anything came up he didn’t like he’d be on the ‘right side of the law’ and figure it out cause it was a place he wanted to rent above all. And now where he can screw them and punish them for their laziness he is doing gleefully.

I dunno, I’ve gone on viewings and rented enough that you get a pretty good idea right off the bat whether the landlord will be attentive, responsive and respectful and is looking for the same type of tenant right off the bat. I would only pursue this type of landlord with a corresponding property. Who needs the headache otherwise?

And because with the dog thing, it was clear they dove right into that conflict I guess I assume these two subsequent times it was a similar perspective….

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
She's just turned off our furnace "until it can be inspected"

Let's tack on "withholding vital services" to the list of offences

JamesM

TRIBE Member
She's just turned off our furnace "until it can be inspected"

Let's tack on "withholding vital services" to the list of offences
How to you turn down this squawk box?

I guess she's giving your baby hypothermia now. Add that to the list.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
You just won't stop. I'm actually starting to feel bad for you.

This asinine paranoia about landlords has got you on your heels.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
I'm just going to say one more thing, then i'm done. Instead of flipping between passive aggressive, to agressive. Be a bit more assertive with your landlords, and you'll see a world of difference.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Well that's the thing with you guys. You bring something real to the table, and it's EFF off you jerking f** cun** wad.

shit in a pan you looser.

Way to go. F*kface

I didn't realize tribe was populated by a bunch of 10 year olds.