• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roommate Rental Landlord Living-Space Neighbour Horror Stories

coleridge

TRIBE Member
I long ago forgot and I'm too lazy to look back through pages of posts...

Can someone remind me what Bacchus' original issue with this landlord was?

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I long ago forgot and I'm too lazy to look back through pages of posts...

Can someone remind me what Bacchus' original issue with this landlord was?
Landlord asked us to sign a new lease, and we said no.

She thought she had the right to kick us (or "not renew the lease") with 60 day's notice once the first year lease was over, but we informed her that this was unlawful...so she came back to tell us her 95 year old mom with mobility issues is moving in.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JamesM

TRIBE Member
nonono. wasn't there a massive scrap before that about rent increase before then?

You sent them all this legal documentation, then she decided that, wow get out. Then it came to that, which you're being basically a sociopath at this point.

You're making yourself look like the good guy.

This is incredible. Even with the dog situation. same shit. You played them then went to the courts, with your cap in your hand.

Last edited:

JamesM

TRIBE Member
That's the unfortunate thing about cataloguing all your shit here. You leave a huge receipt for anyone to examine.

So much bullshit, eventually you will get called out.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
You know how in Breaking Bad, Walt says he's doing this and that for his family blah blah blah, refuses to listen to reason, it's super obvious his ego will inevitably be his family's ruin, and Walt doesn't realize it until the end?

Just saying, Bacchus.

djfear

TRIBE Member
So let's say you own a house and a condo, and you rent out the condo. What is a legal way to end the rental agreement? You can't just give 60 days notice? What if you want to sell the property or move back in? What if you want it vacant because you plan to live there for a couple of days a week because it's close to your work place?

Let's assume that your reasons for ending the tenancy are genuine.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
If you want to move back in or use it yourself a couple of days a week, you can give 60 days notice. This is a legal reason for eviction.

If you want to sell it, you can evict with 60 days notice (as long as it's at or after the end of their lease) IF you have a buyer who is planning on moving in or buying for immediate family to move in.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
If you want to move back in or use it yourself a couple of days a week, you can give 60 days notice. This is a legal reason for eviction.

If you want to sell it, you can evict with 60 days notice (as long as it's at or after the end of their lease) IF you have a buyer who is planning on moving in or buying for immediate family to move in.
Splitting hairs but in the second case you cannot evict. The buyer would need to invoke the right to move themselves in after contracts are exchanged. (So basically the same effect, except the buyer needs to run the eviction and time their move in date minimum a of 60d past closing.)

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
It's my understanding that the landlord selling the unit can evict on behalf of the purchaser but maybe I am mistaken. I will doublecheck.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
So it looks like if you have a signed purchase and sale agreement and an affidavit from the purchaser saying they or immediate family are moving in, you can evict on behalf of the purchaser.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Splitting hairs but in the second case you cannot evict. The buyer would need to invoke the right to move themselves in after contracts are exchanged. (So basically the same effect, except the buyer needs to run the eviction and time their move in date minimum a of 60d past closing.)
do you live in Canada? I was always under the impression you lived in the UK

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
So it looks like if you have a signed purchase and sale agreement and an affidavit from the purchaser saying they or immediate family are moving in, you can evict on behalf of the purchaser.
Interesting. My lawyer had said (i forgot what it was called until you mentioned) that once a purchase and sale agreement was obtained by the buyer that he/she could go off and file the relevant N-##form for eviction. Perhaps he was just trying to save me having to do the work by leaving out the affidavit bit.

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
do you live in Canada? I was always under the impression you lived in the UK
I moved to the UK, but assuredly am Canadian. I let my flat in Toronto for about five years after moving over, and finally sold it. So I went through the whole landlord/non-resident/sale thing several years back.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
nonono. wasn't there a massive scrap before that about rent increase before then?

You sent them all this legal documentation, then she decided that, wow get out. Then it came to that, which you're being basically a sociopath at this point.
No you dimwit, that was at the same time.

I did not send her "legal documentation" but references to to what clauses in her lease were unlawful. This was also far from the first time she's impeded on our rights and attempted to do something that contravenes the act

If you want te be involved in the Thread, maybe you should have the right info?

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
You know how in Breaking Bad, Walt says he's doing this and that for his family blah blah blah, refuses to listen to reason, it's super obvious his ego will inevitably be his family's ruin, and Walt doesn't realize it until the end?

Just saying, Bacchus.

Apples and oranges. The huge difference in this situation is that I'm not doing anything illegal, and that my wife is even more revengefull then I am.

You don't fuck with the home or the life of a mother.

Last edited:

praktik

TRIBE Member
JamesM response to the same crisis: yes massah

His counsel is the counsel of defeat

Listen to JamesM and the terrorists win

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
Oh gotchya. So no other emotional motivation other than all your landlords are unlawful.

Congrats on getting married. (I'm assuming this happened at some point between landlords as she was your girlfriend during one fight :) )

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories