• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roommate Rental Landlord Living-Space Neighbour Horror Stories

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
I mean, if his landlord abided by the act then there would have been no trouble and no "pain in the ass" right?

This is like saying a person who reports a theft to the police is a "pain in the ass" for reporting the theft and taking legal action.

Agreed.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
it makes him look a bit silly, no?
claims that moving is a huge problem now that he has a child, but yet chose to stay after his child has been poisoned.

yep, because that situation was remedied. she gave us her sob story to garner sympathy, and being the empathetic people we ate... we bought it

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Clarify where it is mandated to provide a copy of the act?
Because if you're referring to section 11 you'll note that it stipulates the information required to be provided, such as contact information for the board etc but there is no specific mention of a mandatory provision to provide the act itself.

Information to be provided by landlord
11. (1) If a tenancy agreement is entered into, the landlord shall provide to the tenant information relating to the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants, the role of the Board and how to contact the Board. 2006, c. 17, s. 11 (1).

For someone who prides themselves on being able to read law, you're ahving a hard time with english comprehension.

See the part i've highlighted. It has nothign to do with contact info. You're referencing section 12

Tenancy agreement
Name and address in written agreement
12. (1) Every written tenancy agreement entered into on or after June 17, 1998 shall set out the legal name and address of the landlord to be used for the purpose of giving notices or other documents under this Act. 2006, c. 17, s. 12 (1).

Janie's already given you the information. Hope for your sake you provide it to your tenants :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
For someone who prides themselves on being able to read law, you're ahving a hard time with english comprehension.

See the part i've highlighted. It has nothign to do with contact info. You're referencing section 12

Janie's already given you the information. Hope for your sake you provide it to your tenants :)

Section 11 when interpreted broadly, states you need to provide 3 things:
information relating to the rights and responsibilities of landlords/tenants,
the role of the Board
how to contact the Board

Section 12 is providing my contact information not the boards.

the best part about your response is how entirely wrong you are in every facet, is this how you win at the tribunal? hope nobody calls your B.S. pseudo law?

Last edited:

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Section 11 when interpreted broadly, states you need to provide 3 things:
information relating to the rights and responsibilities of landlords/tenants,
the role of the Board
how to contact the Board

Section 12 is providing my contact information not the boards.

the best part about your response is how entirely wrong you are in every facet, is this how you win at the tribunal? hope nobody calls your B.S. pseudo law?

uh, what?

so now you agree that section 11 states you need to provide the information regarding rights and responsibilities to the the tenants?

Because that's exactly what i'm saying.

No pseudo law here. Call them yourselves, or live in your ignorance.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter

The best part of the board is that they have confirmed pretty much everything i've stated as being a requirement/law through the due process of the tribunal.

There's no room for YOUR interpretation of the law, and your ignorance is not an excuse.

I'm batting 3-0 with my LTB cases, so you can argue with me - or you can call them yourselves and get educated as you ought to.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
And that's why the law requires you to provide a copy of the act to all new tenants. (I bet you didn't do that either, right?).
/

This is your quote above.

You stated the law requires a landlord to provide a copy of the act, the fact of the matter it does not. it requires a landlord to provide 3 things

BTW did you even read the act.

Last edited:

kyfe

TRIBE Member
The best part of the board is that they have confirmed pretty much everything i've stated as being a requirement/law through the due process of the tribunal.

There's no room for YOUR interpretation of the law, and your ignorance is not an excuse.

I'm batting 3-0 with my LTB cases, so you can argue with me - or you can call them yourselves and get educated as you ought to.

imagine if you put this much effort into finding a good paying job. the possibilities are endless

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
imagine if you put this much effort into finding a good paying job. the possibilities are endless

0686.png
0686.png
0686.png

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
This is your quote above.

You stated the law requires a landlord to provide a copy of the act, the fact of the matter it does not. it requires a landlord to provide 3 things

BTW did you even read the act.

Youre absolutely right, I used the word copy instead of summary. Please accept sincere apologies in this transgression that clearly makes it okay for a landlord to impede on my human rights.

I've just never had a landlord follow through with this requirement, so the first time I've seen the documentation was today when it was posted by janiecakes rather then just the section in the act referencing it.

You never answered my question though. are you going to provide a copy of said documentation to your new tenant or are you going to pretend to be ignorant so that you can take advantage of your tenants?

praktik

TRIBE Member

He busts his ass, but go ahead and imagine what you will, par for your course in this thread.

I mean, even if he was overly lazy, that wouldn't change the fact that economic stress has rendered his current course to be the most rational and reasonable to pursue.

A pile of cash would have made it I easier to fold and move on, cutting losses and stress.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
So tonight we're going to have the chat. I'm waiting for him to emerge from his room. Having someone constantly late is driving me bonkers. He mentioned he had dinner with his Dad last week so I know he has family nearby he can move to.

I'm tempted to just not have a roommate. Having the place to myself for two months was incredibly enjoyable. I'd rather have someone here and save the cash, but at this point, I'm wondering if it's worth it.

praktik

TRIBE Member
How old are you? You are on the internet making fun of someone for not making as much money as you? Seriously?

Kyfe's participation in this thread to date in a nutshell:"As a landlord myself, the Bacchus story is horrifying! "

Doesn't have to be - at all - if you take your stewardship as a landlord seriously.

All the arguments used against Bacchus apply even better to the landlord, who could have "have avoided all of this" if she was just "reasonable" and abiding by the act.

Why isn't there any personal responsibility for the landlord? Or are tribe's homeowners just being a bit, forgive the term, "tribal" with their fellow class?

JamesM

TRIBE Member
How old are you? You are on the internet making fun of someone for not making as much money as you? Seriously?

I wouldn’t have an issue with Bacchus if he didn’t come off as a tenant that’s literally going to put the screws to every landlord, no matter how infinitesimal the issue might be.

He’s searching for real damages against his landlords.

3-0 like he said. Last three places.

We have a lady at our apartment, and she just went through the TLB, and got $2.50 off her rent a month. She basically lives there taking them to the TLB. She also runs a blog about all the conspiracy shit about our apartment, and runs the apartment tenant association. She’s a lunatic, and I wish I never got strong armed into giving her my e-mail address.

She even wants to know exactly what apartment we live in.

Just last week she blast emailed everyone about a missing cat in the building, then a huge rant about how it fell off a balcony, and got splattered in the rear parking lot..

I don’t need to hear this shit when i’m getting ready for work.. Definitely a nutter.

Maybe Baccuhus would fare better if he didn’t call everyone a stupid fuck when we’re trying to just be real about this. 9 years, and I’ve had 0 issues with property management, because it’s a give and take system. You’re cool, and they’re cool with you.

Instead of getting a whopping $2.50 decision from the TLB like crazy lady did. Bacchus only gives me the impression that only thousands of dollars in damages will suffice, and revoking of her licenses, and burying her in penalties. The whole pet thing to the previous landlord was clearly a situation where he played the landlord’s no pets request, then took them out in the TLB afterwards.

A clear disrespect.

Lots of balls gargling happening around here. I agree it’s really not quite natural. Hey get the $2.50 off. Hopefully you won’t ruin another landlord in the process in the name of your “human” rights. You sound downright entitled. Renting is a privilege. not a right. Get a house if you want to pull this amount of bullshit.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
It's done. He's leaving September 30th or October31st. I forgave nearly 1k in rent and utilities. He'll need that for his next place.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Renting is a privilege. not a right. Get a house if you want to pull this amount of bullshit.

It's not a privilege it's a lease. Both parties have responsibilities and obligations. Don't get in the rental business if you can't follow the rules. A revenge eviction is an outrageous, hostile act that warrants heavy penalties.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
fair enough. I get what you're saying..

Hey I think Bacchus is a great guy, and this thread shouldn't be a testament to who he is a person.

It's just I really believe his stress levels are getting in the way of having an enjoyable experience.

The fact that someone accepts you as a tenant in the first place is largely based upon the fact that shit kind of crap isn't going to happen. That's all I got. What a shitshow.

In those terms, it's a privilege to live in a rental. Man. this thread is pure nonsense, with no winners.

Last edited: