• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roommate Rental Landlord Living-Space Neighbour Horror Stories

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
also, in the comments:

Clara Cowbella • 19 hours ago
Isn't Dinnick the journalist who ripped off a bunch of freelancers and went on a show promoting his company's success when it was actually going under? I feel like this couple has a lot of media connections to make them the victims of every story...definitely don't 100 per cent trust their "story" given their track record. #karma
6 • Reply•Share ›

YLC > Clara Cowbella • 17 hours ago
LOL the photo of the Dinnicks looks ten years old! That media family definitely has a funny way of representing themselves (and the truth). I am an aspiring journalism student and saw Sonia Verma speak at Humber and she legitimately looked like my mom. TL photo editors need to stop depending on Facebook for pics...https://www.facebook.com/humbercollege...
2 • Reply•Share ›

Clara Cowbella > YLC • 17 hours ago
Yikes, talk about misrepresentation...

praktik

TRIBE Member
Maybe that couple can be Dicks, and this serial renter fraud dude can be an asshole

All at the same time

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
I think I said this a few months ago... sometimes situations are best dealt with just by talking and relating to whomever you are dealing with. Most situations are handled this way, corporate, parties, events, whatever. Law is there when two parties can't come to an agreement.

It seems that you're just skipping the first part.
you are incorrect.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Evidence supporting claim that unit is covered by rent control. Two different sources confirmed it, legal aid and the board.

Bacchus, has this point of fact been established or are you now "past" the rent increase and won't be matter of debate in the process?

it's irrelevant now, it only shows that her termination I'd in bad faith and helps to provide us with the necessary recourse if needed.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Lol, it's looking like her request is being denied because she used the date of Sep 31..

We've offered a mediation where she agrees to let us stay until the spring when we're ready to leave this spring, and we agree to not go after her making the request in bad faith.

Let's see who's reasonable :)

Last edited:

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
dismissed. haha.

the adjudicator did not budge when she begged that he consider, and she has to file another request.

Buys us at least 30days, and possibly even the whole winter (the board tends not to displace families in the enter)

praktik

TRIBE Member
I can't believe the poor innocent landlord hasn't been able to just do whatever she wants with her own property!!

And what about all the taxpayer dollars we just spent to run roughshod over this poor woman at the behest of a serial liar and unrepentant conflict-creator??

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
i can't believe the poor innocent landlord hasn't been able to just do whatever she wants with her own property!!

And what about all the taxpayer dollars we just spent to run roughshod over this poor woman at the behest of a serial liar and unrepentant conflict-creator??
yeah, what a shame.

Why the adjudicator didn't take her sob story, regardless of her contempt for the process is beyond me.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
But did you really win? she made a date error and all it did was buy you more time.
I don't see anything being won here, unless I'm missing something.
Yet you gloat like you just won the belt, I really don't get it.

If she wrote Sept 30, would things have played out differently?

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^ And the Tribe Shittification Machine is still working at full speed!

Input: posts from fellow tribers about problems in their lives
Output: disdain and shit

Good work guys

kyfe

TRIBE Member
^^ And the Tribe Shittification Machine is still working at full speed!

Input: posts from fellow tribers about problems in their lives
Output: disdain and shit

Good work guys
Hey Turkey Time,

It's funny how you get more upset than he does.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
But did you really win? she made a date error and all it did was buy you more time.
I don't see anything being won here, unless I'm missing something.
Yet you gloat like you just won the belt, I really don't get it.

If she wrote Sept 30, would things have played out differently?
I haven't used the word "Win", so i'm unsure why you are.

I'm simply amused that she's wasted time and money and will have to do so again.

If she wrote Sept 30, it would go to adjudication where we show the many holes in her story and have the case dismissed on bad faith. Now, that will only happen further down the road.

No skin off my teeth

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Why can't it be requested until end of tenancy?

Good news - this loophole makes me crazy.
Sorry, I used the wrong verbiage. Not end of tenancy, but end of the current lease.

Because she has to give 60 days notice, in 60 days we will be on month month and the current lease will be over.

She was able to do it for the end of the previoua lease this time as that date was more then 60 days away from the previous N11 notice

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
And The best part was when the adjudicator was fed up with her arguments and literally shook the hard copy of the RTA at her, telling her to read up.

She thinks the law is negotiable, and will only learn once she receives a fine /punishment for her behavior ( same thing happened when we first moved in and she was fined by the fire department for having a 3 year past due CO detector and was fined by the college of trades for their short cut with the heater that resulted in my child being poisoned.)

praktik

TRIBE Member
Hey Turkey Time,

It's funny how you get more upset than he does.
My feelings as I wrote that post were just disappointment kyfe, i just want the best for you and tribe you know

And I'm disappointed we didn't rise to the occasion for one of us undergoing some shitty experiences.

wickedken

TRIBE Member
It's a tribe but like most people this board can smell very well. Some people like you've said like the feeling of persecution, and some people just like getting into conflicts, and some people feel things can be handled better in other ways. Not necessarily wrong or better just... Different. I think some of those people here feel that way, so perhaps that's why you don't think there is any rooting-for-the-team feeling here.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
My feelings as I wrote that post were just disappointment kyfe, i just want the best for you and tribe you know

And I'm disappointed we didn't rise to the occasion for one of us undergoing some shitty experiences.
When you are master of your own misfortune (frankly wasting time and energy on these types of matters is unfortunate) then it's really hard to garner any sympathy. Both his family and the landlord have a vested interest, to me it provides a better opportunity to work together rather than shoving the act in ones face every time there is a disagreement.

There is knowing your rights and protecting them which I agree Baccus should do, but then there is navigating yourself into situations of potential conflict just to stick it to someone which I disagree with.

Look, I'm sure he's a nice guy with a beautiful kid and wife but attempting to play rental tribunal cocky matlock is a little off putting which is why I have little sympathy for his plight

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories