• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Roomate Needed February 1, 2006

Vixen

TRIBE Member
Share Large 2 bdrm apt on main floor of house @ King & Dufferin with 1 female w/ outgoing artistic personality.

Hardwood throughout

High Ceilings

Large living & dining area

Ø Fully furnished, but can take more goodies

Ø Fire place (not working, but adds to the warmth of the room nicely)

Kitchen

Ø Dishwasher

Ø Gas Stove (for the adventurous)

Use of Back yard, Laundry,

$600/mth inclusive of utilities, plus 50% Bell Satellite, Internet & Landline

For parkdale this place is a gem. Must see it to believe it

2 minute walk to Dufferin Bus, 5 minutes to King Streetcar

10 minute walk to Dominion, Block Buster, Exhibition

Any questions fire them back or PM.

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
not the mention the original artwork on the walls.
it would be like living in a gallery.

I'd do it in a second. but....

hmmmm, maybe I'll reconsider ;)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Vixen

TRIBE Member
Cat's probably wouldn't be a problem, possibly a dog but I'd have to see how LARGE.

As for square footage... well ... it's big.
I will post pics as soon as I get my camera working or borrow one to post pics.

V

Bastet

TRIBE Member
...isn't there a rule about thread crapping?

I'm sure she means that it's a nice place in what is considered not a very nice area. ie. PARKDALE. (King & Jameson = wouldn't be caught walking around after dark, or ever for that matter).

She on the other hand is right around the corner from the Dufferin gates, walking distance to go, Liberty Village (a very very cool area) is literally across the street and is exploding with new development.

Last edited:

lucky1

TRIBE Member
liberty village is "cool" if you are a yuppie. I liked it better when it was still warehouses used for Raves and artists.. Now its towhouses and a Dominon I can't afford to shop in

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Really cool place. cool chiquita who is an amazing artist! Neighborhood has it's good and bad points but doesn't every hood?

At least it's pretty close to downtown and not out in etobicoke or anything
:p

oh and great backyard to get drunk and bbq?

dyad

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bastet
...isn't there a rule about thread crapping?

I'm sure she means that it's a nice place in what is considered not a very nice area. ie. PARKDALE. (King & Jameson = wouldn't be caught walking around after dark, or ever for that matter).

She on the other hand is right around the corner from the Dufferin gates, walking distance to go, Liberty Village (a very very cool area) is literally across the street and is exploding with new development.
I dont think Brad was thead crapping, he lives in the neighbourhood as do I and its a really cool part of town without the caveat.

Im a girl and i have no problem walking around king and jameson at night, you wave off the johns slowing down but thats about all you have to deal with.

Parkdale is gentrifying, and whether you consider that a good or bad thing its a lot nicer and safer than it was 5 years ago. You still have the odd "Parkdale heritage moment" but of all neighbourhoods Ive lived in in the city (Annex, Little Italy, Church and Dundas, and Cabbagetown) Parkdale is my favorite and I hope to live in the thick of it for some time

and im actually wondering if its the same apartment my friend had a few years back (the non working fireplace and big size sound familiar, and the location is spot on) How long have you been there?

Vixen

TRIBE Member
We've had the place for 3.5 years I think. The minute we walked in the door we took it. Not only is it big and cozy, it has so many unique features:
Tree mural in the bathroom
Slate floors (kitchen and bathroom)
pocket doors all over the house
Post and beam ceiling in the dining room
Garden in the backyard w/ roses and lots of little squirels that come visit.
and my big thing... I have a sun room off my bedroom for painting. Good reason why I really don't want to relocate.

In ref. to the area "parkdale" I do appreciate my location in terms of the artistic / "yuppy" village @ Liberty one block away. Coffee shops, Rhino (great cheep food and beer - organic too), Cadillac Lounge (spent my 30th there), Gladstone (life drawing / art shows) and plenty of Galleries. Not to mention one block away from some of me most wonderful loft / after hour parties.

I'm just waiting on the pics to be sent and I'll fire them off.

Janine

Vixen

TRIBE Member
Anyone who is interested please pm me your email add. and I'll forward the pics. (those of you who haven't already)

Thanks,
V

Vixen

TRIBE Member
I have put this off for too long, the house is still available, after some potential visitors.....

I know it's Christmas, but if anyone is still interested... I'll try to have an open house next week, 28th or 29th.

AND the new year...

On with the search.

Vixen