• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roofing

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I'm basically looking at my roof and thinking:

me> "I need a new roof."

But it's so expensive.... What should I do? Metal roof that lasts forever? Regular shingles that last "long enough"?

I had a roofer kid over last afternoon and he said he would do it under the table, what kind of trouble could I get into if one of them fell off my roof??

-jM
A&D

praktik

TRIBE Member
A lot.

A good friend of mine passed only a week ago from a fall. Lots of friends in mourning. He was an experienced roofer, investigation underway.

Insurance and compensation are all up in the air as the operation may not have been fully legal.

I'd stay legit if I were you

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
spend a bit of time and do your research on companies that roof in your area.
most will have a FB page, as well as reviews online.
DO NOT go under the table.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
The kid who wants to do the roof has come back. It's complicated because his brother is in Jail and is the ex-BF of my current tennant -- so she is convinced this roofer kid comes around only to snoop on what's going on.

To be frank the kid is very attractive, especially in his dirty roofing clothes. Blond, tanned, buff, all the things you'd expect from a roofer. Add in clothes that are worn and torn and an anti-gay attitude and you've already won me over. I listen to him talk about estimates just so I can spend some time with him. Oh and he's a talker -- I tell hiim he should be in sales.

Now that I think about it, he's not anti-gay, his uncle is a drag queen in local kitchener bars after all. He's just a hot, blond, dirty, muscular, 20-something who is trying to convince me that it's better for me to hire him than a company.

It doesn't hurt that he likes beer either -- he always stops by on his way home because he knows my place is always stocked with beer. Gives me a chance to talk to him and he a chance to get buzzed before going home.

-jM
A&D

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
A lot.

A good friend of mine passed only a week ago from a fall. Lots of friends in mourning. He was an experienced roofer, investigation underway.

Insurance and compensation are all up in the air as the operation may not have been fully legal.

I'd stay legit if I were you
My friend too.

Was it Craig?