• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ronnie Coleman rippin it up

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
And here I thought I was somebody with 100lbs dumbells in each hand.

Seriously...I've met Ronnie before....he's a very nice guy.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sean Collier

TRIBE Promoter
ChrisD said:
a 200lbs bench press is nothing to balk at
guess you didnt bother to watch the video - its more than anybody i know can press.... 12 reps at that. just imagine what he can press one time.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sean Collier said:
guess you didnt bother to watch the video - its more than anybody i know can press.... 12 reps at that. just imagine what he can press one time.

plus it was 200 per arm! ;)

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
i have a freind that does competitive lifting.. he's a big guy.. but not huge at all.. but he's a beast... he's travelled to competitions all over the world at the junior level and came 2nd in some Canadian championship..

can't remember what he did but for some reason "clean and jerk" comes to mind? i think that may have been what he did... i dunno.. that may have been what he did in the showers

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sean Collier

TRIBE Promoter
global_groove6 said:
impressive for a bodybuilder. he is one of the strongest bodybuilders most def. but the strongest powerlifter is puttin up over 1000lbs on the bench which I dont think ronnie could come close to.

http://www.powermagonline.com/latest-news/records.asp
lets not forget ronnie is 5'10" whereas most powerlifters are short guys with little t-rex arms - dont have to move the weight nearly as far.

ever hear about the midget who could bench press 8x his own weight and squat 12x his own weight...

Sean Collier

TRIBE Promoter
ev said:
can't remember what he did but for some reason "clean and jerk" comes to mind? i think that may have been what he did... i dunno.. that may have been what he did in the showers
maybe its the one-hand snatch ;)

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
ev said:
plus it was 200 per arm! ;)
shit, that was sick. and he was doin' like it was just a warmup. i think the most i've ever seen is 120 and the (really big) guy was straining...

so what's with them yellin' "yeah, baby!" and "lightweight"?

deep

TRIBE Member
Who gives a fuck. Coleman is on so much gear he had better be able to lift 800 lbs. Not sure if he is anymore but he used to be a Texas high way cop. The power lifters in global groove's list are more impressive, especially when you start looking at strength per pound bodyweight and not just the raw amount of weight lifted. I think it's more impressive when a person can bench press 4x their bodyweight and not need to weigh close to 400 lbs. in order to do it.

Sean Collier

TRIBE Promoter
deep said:
I think it's more impressive when a person can bench press 4x their bodyweight and not need to weigh close to 400 lbs. in order to do it.
oh you mean like midgets.

the video of ronnie deadlifting 800lbs. is 5.5 weeks out from Mr.O - so the point of that statement is that he's not a lumbering fat fuck like most power lifters - probably weighs about 290 and is somewhere around 8% bodyfat.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Sean Collier said:

the video of ronnie deadlifting 800lbs. is 5.5 weeks out from Mr.O - so the point of that statement is that he's not a lumbering fat fuck like most power lifters - probably weighs about 290 and is somewhere around 8% bodyfat.
And to add.....after dieting down to get to 8% bodyfat, most of the time, bodybuilders are quite "weak" during this time. I'd rather look like a bodybuilder than a powerlifter any day of the week. sans steroids of course.

*to be honest....all I really want is a six pack*

deep

TRIBE Member
Sean Collier said:

LOL, yeah we get it, you want to fuck Ronnie and hear that high pitched voice squeal. Have you ever seen an off season bodybuilder? Fat stupid looking useless pigs. Yes Powerlifters can be bloated one trick ponies as well. And no I don't mean midgets. I mean versatile athletes. Sprinters for example, who can actually move without waddling, keep low bodyfat numbers, as well as put up impressive lifts given their bodyweight. At his peak Ben Johnson had the fastest start in the history of the olympic games, was sub 8% bodyfat and could bench press 500+ lbs according to Charlie Francis.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sean Collier

TRIBE Promoter
deep said:
LOL, yeah we get it, you want to fuck Ronnie and hear that high pitched voice squeal. Have you ever seen an off season bodybuilder? Fat stupid looking useless pigs. Yes Powerlifters can be bloated one trick ponies as well. And no I don't mean midgets. I mean versatile athletes. Sprinters for example, who can actually move without waddling, keep low bodyfat numbers, as well as put up impressive lifts given their bodyweight. At his peak Ben Johnson had the fastest start in the history of the olympic games, was sub 8% bodyfat and could bench press 500+ lbs according to Charlie Francis.
Ronnie is the last guy i would want to look like - that guy probably cant even climb a flight of stairs without running out of breath. I agree with you about sprinters - i think they've got the best physiques.

I highly doubt ben johnson could ever bench press 500lbs, although i'm sure he could squat an impressive amount of weight. Speaking of Ben Johnson, i saw him at the docks a couple years back - just a little guy now with a beer belly.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
Sean Collier said:
I highly doubt ben johnson could ever bench press 500lbs, although i'm sure he could squat an impressive amount of weight. Speaking of Ben Johnson, i saw him at the docks a couple years back - just a little guy now with a beer belly.
Yeah, fuck 500 lbs. I just googled images of Ben Johnson from back then. I remember to me at the time he looked huge but I see guys like that all the time now. There is no way in hell they are benching 5 plates a side.