• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

roll call....dj die.....bou!!!

air-bag

TRIBE Member
ROLL CALL FORUM!
NOW YOURE GOING TO DIE!!!
oh.. wait.. you already are going to die..

Thread police is on guard

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?:

this is one of the last turbo nights from us, syndicate, and syrous in all likelyhood, so come out and lets make the final memories good ones, yah?
QUOTE]

Whats up with that???
Why no more Syrous sessions @ Turbo? Is this for sure?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
^^^^ yup...pretty much man.

poor turnouts lead to end of club nights.

nobody supports on local nights, and no promoter can afford the THOUSANDS of dollars required to bring in out of towners each week...

fin.

kul-kat

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TaCk OnE?:
110% as allways...

this is one of the last turbo nights from us, syndicate, and syrous in all likelyhood, so come out and lets make the final memories good ones, yah?

one love.

tack one?
www.torontojungle.com
</font>

what about stakka and skynet????

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kul-kat:

what about stakka and skynet????
</font>
They're still booked to play...but concider the date...that's not far off...and I said ONE OF the last nights...

it's ending soon though...might as well remember it for what it was.

kul-kat

TRIBE Member
ONE OF the last nights...

it's ending soon though...might as well remember it for what it was.

</font>
that's shitty. i'ii definitely be remembering some good times there.

air-bag

TRIBE Member
No!
Please dont!!
Dont close turbo!!
What am i supposed to do now?
I'll be homeless....

What if we all help you guys to flier or anything? like help promoting the night... is there any chance you could reconsider?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by air-bag:
No!
Please dont!!
Dont close turbo!!
What am i supposed to do now?
I'll be homeless....

What if we all help you guys to flier or anything? like help promoting the night... is there any chance you could reconsider?
</font>
awwww...that stinks man...I can relate to the sentiment though. I've spent at LEAST 2 weeks of EVERY month there since it opened...many many nites.

I really have ZERO say or controll over whether it stays or goes Alex...wish I did.

I'm just the type of dude to tell it like it is if possible....never got down with the secrecy of all this shit.

hopefully this'll beget something just as good, yet fresh and new.

till friday.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
[B
poor turnouts lead to end of club nights.

nobody supports on local nights[/B]</font>
Exactly! It's pretty pathetic too. Whenever a big headliner comes in, the majority of feedback is "Our locals killed DJ X,Y,Z", BUT whenever there is a local only night the turnout can be counted on my hands (yes, I'm exagerating a bit). UNTIL we surpass this longing to only go to events with big headliners, Canada will NEVER develop international DJ's (like the UK), because we just don't support them. The last 5 or so times I've been to Turbo over half of them have been local nights and they've been some of the best nights I've had at Turbo (no I'm not trying to say I'm the shit, b/c I support our locals and F*#K the rest of you...I'm just saying are locals are damn good so support them outside big events).

Later!
Dan

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
Exactly! It's pretty pathetic too. Whenever a big headliner comes in, the majority of feedback is "Our locals killed DJ X,Y,Z", BUT whenever there is a local only night the turnout can be counted on my hands (yes, I'm exagerating a bit). UNTIL we surpass this longing to only go to events with big headliners, Canada will NEVER develop international DJ's (like the UK), because we just don't support them. The last 5 or so times I've been to Turbo over half of them have been local nights and they've been some of the best nights I've had at Turbo (no I'm not trying to say I'm the shit, b/c I support our locals and F*#K the rest of you...I'm just saying are locals are damn good so support them outside big events).

Later!
Dan

The fact of the matter is that our locals do kill most out-of-town Dj's, and it's really our responsibility to support them and to support the scene in general. Everyone is so fucking busy getting their hate on about the cost of cover, or the venue, or the people, that they are going to wake up one day, and it'll all be gone..

We've gotta learn to appreciate the scene. We really are lucky to have it.

me

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stormshadow:
Just decided I'll be there.

Tack, check you're e-mail bro...
</font>
...and miss barry weaver @ ELEMENT? Or will you be hitting both?

tella

TRIBE Member
dave!!! there is a chance i wont be driving tomorrow which means that your ass is staying at turbo. fuck barry weaver *gasp* the guy's been here like twice this year. die hasn't been here in 2 YEARS!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tyler

TRIBE Member
Stakka and Skynet will be our last night at TURBO, but we will be moving Syrous Sessions night to another home soon.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
i'll be there

too bad we can't bun in turbo or i'd offer to hook up with y'all for a session.

any suggestions? before. after?

TRIBE Member
Holy S***

I haven't seen the Jungle room this busy in a while. As Tyler said, we will be leaving Turbo at the end of Nov. We will be re-locating soon! So you know that means tonight (and next week) are going to be memorable!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stir-fry:

too bad we can't bun in turbo or i'd offer to hook up with y'all for a session.

[/B]</font>
Why not? I'm going to! Just be careful! But I didn't say nothin'

Peace,
MP

smile

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. Grinch:

We've gotta learn to appreciate the scene. We really are lucky to have it.

</font>
yeah...i'll really miss all the thugged out crystalhead junglists when they're all gone.