• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

$#&*^$#@ rogers!

Rosey

TRIBE Member
so, monday afternoon our cable tv goes out in the living room. we did nothing to it, just came home and found that it was out, checked everything on our side of the wall and as far as i could determine all was well.

but, a new neighbour had moved into the apartment at the back of the house the day before, so i go knock on his door. yes, the rogers tech had come and hooked up his cable today. together we traced our cable from where it entered our apartment through his closet right up to in came in from the back wall WHERE THE ROGERS GUY HAD CUT OUR CABLE TO HOOK HIS UP!!!!

so i called rogers support (1-800 number).
*after selecting 'other technical problems' from the options menu i'm on hold for 5 minutes (with the worst easy-listening music playing)*
*finally get somebody who wants my phone number*

give my rogers wireless phone number (my only number)
*can't find my account*
give my account number
*still can't find my account* <--- WTF?
give my address and name
ahh, there's my account - now they can help me
*wrong department - have to transfer me*
*transferring*
*on hold for 10 minutes (with the worst easy-listening music playing)*
*finally get somebody who wants my phone number*

give my rogers wireless phone number
*can't find my account*
give my account number
*still can't find my account* <--- WTF?
give my address and name
ahh, there's my account - now they can help me
*wrong department (AGAIN!)- have to transfer me :mad: but the guy gives me a 416 number that i can use to directly contact the right department next time*
*transferring*
*on hold for 5 minutes (with the worst easy-listening music playing)- finally get somebody who wants my phone number*

i tell them that my number isn't in their system and give them my address,
they find my account
i explain the problem and the person is actually sympathetic :eek:
we arrange to have a tech come out wednesday night between 5-8pm which is good because i will be home, my neighbour will be home, my roommate will be home.

*wednesday night*
wait around for three hours, rogers guy doesn't show. the grocery gateway guy showed, rogers guy didn't.

*thursday*
call the 416 number the guy told me was the direct line to the department i wanted - END UP GETTING THE SAME 1-800 SYSTEM I STARTED WITH ON MONDAY
*on hold for a couple of minutes - get somebody who wants my phone number*
my number isn't in your system, i'm having a problem with my cable tv service, it was caused by your tech hooking up my neighbours tv, please transfer me to the department that deals with that. the tech was supposed to come last night and he didn't.
*they tell me that the tech came by and nobody was home*
i politely inquire if the tech actually rang the doorbell.
*they say they don't know*
*transferring*
*on hold for 15 minutes - listening to 'when a man loves a woman' and other fucking winning classics - shudder*
*finally get somebody on the line*

explain everything again.
*he tells me the tech came by and nobody was home*
i disagree politely and ask to reschedule.
*he offers 11-2 friday*
i say no-one will be here at that time, could we do it before 11 AM?
*he says the appointment is between 11-2*
i say no-one will be here at that time, could we do it before 11 AM?
*long pause - i sense i'm about to be screwed - he tells me that before 11 AM will be fine*
i thank him politely.
*we reschedule for friday morning BEFORE 11:00AM because my roommate will be home then*
i confirm my address and information with them so that there are no mistakes.

*friday*
i leave a note in bright red marker on the door telling the rogers guy to ring bell #2 (in case they can't make the conenction between apart #2 and bell #2) and head to work
*rogers guy doesn't show*

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE

Hello Neighbour, I'll be sending Purple Panda to hook you up. Just let me put on my sweater and I'll hop in the Trolley car.

From the Ministry of right guy?

Prime Minister Highsteppa

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
^^^^

Just fucking click on it. It would've been funny if it had worked, goddamit

From the Ministry of shit

Prime Minister Highsteppa
Just use the edit button your new best friend! :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
This woulda been the best rant evar if only it had an ending.
it's an ongoing saga which is going to end with me going insane, reaching through the phoneline and ripping the customer service person's throat out - patrick swayze in roadhouse styles.

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hi i'm God
This woulda been the best rant evar if only it had an ending.
agreed... it leaves me with an unsatisfied feeling...

p.s. FUCK ROGERS

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jazz

agreed... it leaves me with an unsatisfied feeling...
it leaves YOU with an unsatisfied feeling? oh, i'm sorry.....how do you think I feel? jeeeez!

p.s. FUCK ROGERS

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
i shouldn't say that so boldly right now - i'm smooth sailing with them at the moment - getting more channels than i'm paying for (thanks installation guy!), and my internet rate hasn't gone up (knock wood)..... my friend who's just getting cable and internet installed is getting totally jacked though - they told him he has to order the $45 cable package to get the "discount" internet rate of $40.....see 2 posts above.

SJN

TRIBE Member
about a year and half ago when I decided to install high speed internet at home, I decided on Rogers. I signed up on the net to have someone come and install it. I chose a timeslot of 8-11am, and received an email confirmation of that time. On the given day, I waited...and waited....until noon...then left for work.
Called customer service that night to vent....they told me appointment was between 1-4pm and that he had showed up and I wasn't home...I pointed out that they were mistaken, but they insisted they were right, despite my having an email confirmation right in front of my eyes.
Regardless, we rescheduled for the following week (earliest appointment they had...which pissed me off) between 8-11am.....another no show....
I rescheduled AGAIN for a week later between 8-11am....at 10:30am I looked outside and saw a Rogers truck on the street and went out to get him - he said he was here to hook up two people on my street (one of which was me, btu he was working ont he other one) - I told him I'd wait and he said he'd be over within an hour....at noon I looked outside and noticed the truck was gone - i thought maybe he'd gone for lunch and would come back...I waited until 2pm then called customer service - they told be the guy had come and I hadn't been home.....ARRRRRRGH!

Conclusion: I called Bell and have had Sympatico ever since.