1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by swenard, Jul 24, 2010.

1. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I'm not even a Rogers customer, nor do I even have cable. However, the now lower download limits that Rogers has set for their customers, at the same time that Netflix announced coming to Canada, really bugs me.

Why does anybody use Rogers?

Rogers shrinks consumers? download limits - thestar.com
  2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

my roomate just told me about this
    i said if they changed the contract, we can break it and get another cheaper provider
  3. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im glad I didnt get rogers, everyone seems to complain about it.
    my bell internet has been just fine and dandy.
  4. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

teksaavy all the way.

200 gb download limit @ 5mbps w/ a dry loop DSL, taxes incl. = 40$/month exactly. ( after someone i referred, mentioned my name and i got a dollar off my monthly bill. :cool: )

i might even check out netflix on my Wii for 9$/month.

but since i already download everything i want, i dont know if i will bother.

5. glych t.anomaly

thats hilarious, where do you see the advertising?

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

On the subway. it's just him with a Teksaavy shirt on, $29.95 DSL.
  7. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Some of you are familiar with the issues I had with them a few months ago. I cut off my internet with them, but stuck with the TV part because "The President's Office" reduced my rates in "loyalty" rate that was supposed to last until the end of the year.

Last month I got a notice in the mail saying the rates for my digital TV package would go up (by like 10%). Then this month I got a call from them saying that because I no longer use their internet they can't continue to give me any reduced rate. So much for The President's office and loyalty.

I gave them a month's notice and will be returning my digital box next week.

Now, I can't wait to end my 20 year relationship with them. When I hear about their greed of reducing internet services yet again, yet keeping the same fees, it only shows how badly they are treating their customers.
  8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

when I cancelled my rogers service and returned their HD box, they tried to charge me $600. They claimed I never returned it. I had to go way out of my way to show them receipts, that I did. Even when I singed up for it in the first place. $35/mo in my ordered HD service somehow turned into $85/mo after the guy came and set it up.
  9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

hell yea!
  10. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm glad the wides works pays for our Internet.
  11. glych t.anomaly

that was amazing.

best commercial for internet service i think i have seen.

i like how he is almost cracking up at the end.

12. glych t.anomaly

are you calling Charlene wide :confused::O:eek:

13. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

Cogeco 30 = 125gb per month @ 30 megabits per second
  14. glych t.anomaly

you cant get cogeco in toronto though can you?

not last time i checked anyways.

i would <3 30 mbps :)

15. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

It's the SKYDOME bitch. Always.
  16. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

nope... but I just moved from Richmond/sherborne to Oakville. :D
  17. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

yep, this is the final straw with me and rogers.

im going to see if i can get that bell fiber shit in whitby. I know it's not true fiber, but im absolutely fucking SICK of all the goddamn little constant timeouts and disconnects with rogers. Tired of rogers fucking gouging me 60$ a month for a fucking terrible service with a wonderful 100k upload.
  18. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

i wonder if rogers is the most despised company in ontario. id bet it is
  19. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

tie between the ttc and rogers/bell

with a free for all that includes the mc eco fee/this is not a tax but a premium gubment
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  20. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

I thought it was awful until I read that the cap in price is $50. That doesn't seem all that bad too me. If there wasn't a cap and you could get charged thousands in overage fees, then I'd be pissed.

As for now I got Bell. I somehow landed a deal at $40 per month for Unlimited and it's fast. It's fuzzy but I think they have me listed as a business or something. Not sure how it happened because they don't offer than now.
  21. glych t.anomaly

22. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

I just switched to Teksavvy because on tribe's advice and I've been very happy.
  23. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

also very happy to have moved to Hamiton where Cogeco rules.
  24. Phat Buddha

Phat Buddha TRIBE Member

25. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

still have my 25