• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rogers Rant

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Has anyone ever had an initial bill for a new product/service or a bill for some kind of change to be correct?
Has anyone been charged a million charges that they never stipulated when the purchase was made even if requested? No, demanded?
Has anyone ever been lied to on the phone? Multiple times? By multiple people?
Has anyone noticed that it's cheaper to cancel yer phone and just apply for a new one? And you end up with all this free stuff?
Has anyone ever had good service?

I'm starting to think Rogers is run by this little old feeble man in the basement of his house.
Jeffsus was right, I should switch.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Xtatic

TRIBE Member
I've had Rogers service for my cable, Internet, and cellphone for close to 5 years now.

Never any hidden charges
Never any problems
Always great customer service.

rod_g

TRIBE Member
pic_contactus2.gif

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
meh...it's a crapshoot dude.

I can honeslty say though that I am happy with my Bell DSL, the service is awesome, the customer service not so bad (for bell anyways) and compared to cable much much faster.

Xtatic

TRIBE Member
I can't complain about the speed either but I guarantee there are not alot of people in my area that have cable Internet.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Xtatic

TRIBE Member
it'll depend on things like txt messaging and whether or not you go over your minutes.

I don't think I've had 2 bills the same for my phone either.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Nope. Always the same. I don't do all that fancy stuff. The same plan every month. Same habits.

WTF is a data charge?

They also charged me $36 more for my new phone than the receipt.
And charged me this fee and that fee and that fee and this fee...

And to top it off, their cellular customer service is down right now.

You can't even reach them by phone.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo

And to top it off, their cellular customer service is down right now.

You can't even reach them by phone.

I just got through to a live agent about 5 minutes ago.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I've been calling all morning!

Calling now, thanks!

EDIT: "we are experiencing technical difficulties..."

:mad:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

starr

TRIBE Member
Sunny,

Whenever you speak to a customer service rep that tells you something important, like "no you are not charged for that" make sure you get their name or some kind of reference number.

Yeah it's a pain in the ass, but it *can* be helpful sometimes. Usually they log all their calls, but it's better safe than sorry.

Also, you have to remember that there are levels of customer service reps (at least with Telus).

Whenever I call I almost always instantly ask to speak to a manager or someone that's in their "long-term customer care" division - or something like that. Because usually I am about to bitch that I have been a customer for 4 years and they better fix the problem. However, if I talk to someone competent I rarely have to bitch and they help me out instantly.

Generally the front-line customer service people you are speaking to, do not have the power to fix certain things on your bill and will have to transfer you anyway. And then you get to repeat yourself and waste more time.

edit: if you do get through to a competent person try and get their extension and always call them back when you have a problem. much easier because when they pull up your file they are somewhat familiar with you and as long as you never bitch about stupid stuff will help you right away.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
Sunny,

Whenever you speak to a customer service rep that tells you something important, like "no you are not charged for that" make sure you get their name or some kind of reference number.

Yeah it's a pain in the ass, but it *can* be helpful sometimes. Usually they log all their calls, but it's better safe than sorry.
I just got through and talked to them about the first calls I made to them in January.

They actually did log them (I am surprised) and the info that they wrote was totally wrong. I didn't say any of that. They took something I said and twisted it to make it sound like I was asking about that when it was just a part of the conversation.
I was reporting a lost phone. Not asking about refurbished ones (that's what they put).

FUCKED. THEY ARE SO FUCKED.

starr

TRIBE Member
Sucks to hear that.

I've dealt with stupid customer service people for years. There are people working there that aren't idiots, but they usually get moved so that they don't have to deal with the moronic customers that call in. :)

I've sort of learned to ask the person to repeat what I've told them, in a non-obnoxious way. That way the conversation is less frustrating. But it did take me awhile to learn that.

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm talking to 5 year olds, but it's mostly because they deal with so many calls a day and don't know my situation.

You'll get used to it. No matter which company you go to, customer service is generally sucky.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by starr
Sucks to hear that.

I've dealt with stupid customer service people for years. There are people working there that aren't idiots, but they usually get moved so that they don't have to deal with the moronic customers that call in. :)

I've sort of learned to ask the person to repeat what I've told them, in a non-obnoxious way. That way the conversation is less frustrating. But it did take me awhile to learn that.

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm talking to 5 year olds, but it's mostly because they deal with so many calls a day and don't know my situation.

You'll get used to it. No matter which company you go to, customer service is generally sucky.
To be honest, the agents are always really nice. But it's always after the fact, like, when I get my bill that I have a freak out.