• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Rogers problems

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
In the past 48 hours, our records indicate your household has reached 100% of the 270 GB of your monthly data usage allowance that your Rogers Hybrid Fibre 30 & TechXpert service provides.

2 days. 270 gigabytes.

Really rogers?

Maybe I have a virus or, as the CSR person was saying, I'm running a server.

It's really sad. My parents are millionaires and I'm stuck in this stupid house guarding their stupid cats. Fuck me, fuck my life, fuck Mike from Rogers,

Yeah, $2 a gigabyte. So that's roughly $13,000 every two days.

-jM
A&D

wickedken

TRIBE Member
In the past 48 hours, our records indicate your household has reached 100% of the 270 GB of your monthly data usage allowance that your Rogers Hybrid Fibre 30 & TechXpert service provides.

2 days. 270 gigabytes.

Really rogers?

Maybe I have a virus or, as the CSR person was saying, I'm running a server.

It's really sad. My parents are millionaires and I'm stuck in this stupid house guarding their stupid cats. Fuck me, fuck my life, fuck Mike from Rogers,

Yeah, $2 a gigabyte. So that's roughly $13,000 every two days.

-jM
A&D
Rogers sucks but you know that.

Is that throughput even possible with a Rogers consumer connection over 2 days? Otherwise id thinkyou have a hidden zombie daemon somewhere on your system. Your computer that is,

I wouldn't pay. Unless you really need those important files (?). Just unplugged and use your mobile thether itd be cheaper and thats a lol.

Or just stop hosting Islamist preacher videos.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Check to ensure you actually have usage in that amount (call in so they can see the same huge amount, or not, in their profile for you) - they have to a have a notification engine of some sort - it could be it has informed at the wrong rate but when you look at actual billing, you're all good.

The good news is the "scare" of a notification like that could probably be leveraged for some kind of compensation.

EDIT: CSR sees this usage in that amount, there's no dispute over that usage having been used?

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Happened to me a few months ago. Call Rogers support. They didn't charge the overage, but it was extremely annoying.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Some have accused Rogers of billing for local wifi data in addition to network data. No clue if it's true or not but sometimes with stories like this it makes you wonder

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
Another possibility is his modem is cloned.. A friend does this regularly.

Edit: unplug your modem and see if you have any usage being reported.

Jay

praktik

TRIBE Member
Some have accused Rogers of billing for local wifi data in addition to network data. No clue if it's true or not but sometimes with stories like this it makes you wonder
i tried to mine those threads but came away thinking there was no way for me to tell WHAT was going on in those situations.

A lot of back and forth but on a network/technical level, difficult to contemplate the mechanism for how such an issue could even be introduced.

There may very well have been overbilling, but it likely wasn't cause of counting WiFi by mistake - and thats just my hypothesis cause it was exceedingly tough trying to figure it out from posts and self-reported conversations with agents and a lot of techies posting theories and ideas....

kyfe

TRIBE Member
i tried to mine those threads but came away thinking there was no way for me to tell WHAT was going on in those situations.

A lot of back and forth but on a network/technical level, difficult to contemplate the mechanism for how such an issue could even be introduced.

There may very well have been overbilling, but it likely wasn't cause of counting WiFi by mistake - and thats just my hypothesis cause it was exceedingly tough trying to figure it out from posts and self-reported conversations with agents and a lot of techies posting theories and ideas....
I don't know enough to comment either way but I guess anything is possible. Most of those complaints came from those that had the Rogers integrated Modem/Router setup