• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rogers = Balls

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
so...
i came home on Friday, to find out my cable and internet werent working in my apartment ( main floor of house ).
seems the gurl who lives in the basement, who is moving out April 1st, let her bills to Rogers climb to $458, so they came by to terminate her service...
but they yanked mine too !
called them Friday @ 5 30 pm to get this fiasco fixed...hopefully there was a chance it would be done Friday between 5-8 pm.
nope.
so i call to make an appt for them to come by Saturday between 8-11 am to fix.
they gave me a ' free ' week of Internet and Cable off my upcoming bill ( BIG FAKIN' DEAL ! ).
i was also told, i needn't worry because its a simple hooking back up of the outside thingy in the Rogers box outside my house.
i was also told i needn't worry about being awake or around to see Mr rogers fix it dood.
i wake up at 9 30 am...message on my phone...rogers fix it dood tells me he was here @ 9 07 am...came to fix problem...if problem persists, call back.
cool...we should have service.
nope.
went outside to box...he wasnt even here...didnt even open the box ( my clear plastic piece of tape was still unbroken...yes, im sneaky that way ).
on the phone we go AGAIN...im furious...this is UNACCEPTABLE ! !
the minion tells me i didnt answer my phone.
i told them i needn't , because the box outside my house is the issue.
FUCKING IDIOTS.
so, now i must wait till 2-5 pm for the next available service fucknician to fix problem.
ARGH.
5 pm comes and goes...i call Rogers...i DEMAND to speak to the highest level Senior person there...4 minute hold...bingo !
she's flabberghasted what i had to go thru, and that theres no one there yet.
gives me Rogers complaints address to file a formal complaint...BEEP...
other line..yay...Rogers dood just showed up.
problem fixed.
took less than 1 minute for Mr Rogers fucknician to fix problem and restore service.

i am in the process of writing a detailed account of all that transpired here.
i am then sending a copy to Rogers.
i am also informing them i have full intentions of sending the same letter to every major news company in toronto unless they tell me why i had to go without internet and cable on a friday night , for just over 24 hours.
it wouldnt have been such a big deal, BUT my gf had some muey importanto research to do for a massive and very $$$ project regarding work for a job in Edmonton , to which she was flying out to take care of on Monday, for 2 days.
thankfully, as of now, shes ready to rock and roll.
but the down time here put a huge FUBAR on her work related research.

screw the free week of internet and cable...UNACCEPTABLE...wow, i save probably less than $30 on my next bill.

FUCK THEM...theyre getting my letter, and theyre getting a 30 day ultimatum , to see just how far theyre willing to take my member down their throats, or im taking this to the papers.
i know its not a life threatening thing i went thru...
its the principle.
how a tech can come to a house...know fully well theres 2 completely different feeds going into a house ( basement and main floor ), know the basement is the now defunct account, and terminate BOTH feeds.
this guy should lose his job.
he put my girlfriends project in SERIOUS jeopardy.

keep you informed.

P.S. - if anyones thinking of trying out Rogers for the 1st time...be weary.
they dont give a shit about you. their apologies are scripted, at best, and mean nothing.
p.p.s. - now my internet speed has dropped an entire megabite per second.
great...another reason for a fucknician to come here and screw yet again ANOTHER thing.

BALLS.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Holy shit.

It used to just be a hunch, some call it a gut feeling, whatever, doesnt matter to much what people call it.

But now there is factual proof, that you really are certifiably insane.

Good luck with your formal complaint, nutjob.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
so...
i came home on Friday, to find out my cable and internet werent working in my apartment ( main floor of house ).
seems the gurl who lives in the basement, who is moving out April 1st, let her bills to Rogers climb to $458, so they came by to terminate her service...
but they yanked mine too !
called them Friday @ 5 30 pm to get this fiasco fixed...hopefully there was a chance it would be done Friday between 5-8 pm.
nope.
so i call to make an appt for them to come by Saturday between 8-11 am to fix.
they gave me a ' free ' week of Internet and Cable off my upcoming bill ( BIG FAKIN' DEAL ! ).
i was also told, i needn't worry because its a simple hooking back up of the outside thingy in the Rogers box outside my house.
i was also told i needn't worry about being awake or around to see Mr rogers fix it dood.
i wake up at 9 30 am...message on my phone...rogers fix it dood tells me he was here @ 9 07 am...came to fix problem...if problem persists, call back.
cool...we should have service.
nope.
went outside to box...he wasnt even here...didnt even open the box ( my clear plastic piece of tape was still unbroken...yes, im sneaky that way ).
on the phone we go AGAIN...im furious...this is UNACCEPTABLE ! !
the minion tells me i didnt answer my phone.
i told them i needn't , because the box outside my house is the issue.
FUCKING IDIOTS.
so, now i must wait till 2-5 pm for the next available service fucknician to fix problem.
ARGH.
5 pm comes and goes...i call Rogers...i DEMAND to speak to the highest level Senior person there...4 minute hold...bingo !
she's flabberghasted what i had to go thru, and that theres no one there yet.
gives me Rogers complaints address to file a formal complaint...BEEP...
other line..yay...Rogers dood just showed up.
problem fixed.
took less than 1 minute for Mr Rogers fucknician to fix problem and restore service.

i am in the process of writing a detailed account of all that transpired here.
i am then sending a copy to Rogers.
i am also informing them i have full intentions of sending the same letter to every major news company in toronto unless they tell me why i had to go without internet and cable on a friday night , for just over 24 hours.
it wouldnt have been such a big deal, BUT my gf had some muey importanto research to do for a massive and very $$$ project regarding work for a job in Edmonton , to which she was flying out to take care of on Monday, for 2 days.
thankfully, as of now, shes ready to rock and roll.
but the down time here put a huge FUBAR on her work related research.

screw the free week of internet and cable...UNACCEPTABLE...wow, i save probably less than $30 on my next bill.

FUCK THEM...theyre getting my letter, and theyre getting a 30 day ultimatum , to see just how far theyre willing to take my member down their throats, or im taking this to the papers.
i know its not a life threatening thing i went thru...
its the principle.
how a tech can come to a house...know fully well theres 2 completely different feeds going into a house ( basement and main floor ), know the basement is the now defunct account, and terminate BOTH feeds.
this guy should lose his job.
he put my girlfriends project in SERIOUS jeopardy.

keep you informed.

P.S. - if anyones thinking of trying out Rogers for the 1st time...be weary.
they dont give a shit about you. their apologies are scripted, at best, and mean nothing.
p.p.s. - now my internet speed has dropped an entire megabite per second.
great...another reason for a fucknician to come here and screw yet again ANOTHER thing.

BALLS.

I went with 3web.. sure they buy their bandwidth off rogers, but they are cheaper (especially if you have your own modem) -> $34

You get a 6mbit line -> was downloading off news groups today at a consisten 685KB/sec and 716KB/sec off labtec for webcam s/w (31 meg file).

Well worth it (so far)

Jay

P.S - did i mention no download caps (rogers is 61gigs.. BULLSHIT). Havnt tried torrents yet. Will get on that today :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soulster

TRIBE Member
hey chris,

i got similarly dicked around by the bay when trying to get my bed delivered. (don't ever ever ever order anything from the bay that requires delivery, fyi.) anyhoo, in your complaint you might want to give them the link to this thread and tell them how large the tribe readership is. kinda shows them that you're pretty serious about slandering their name around.

~ jess

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i just find it appalling that Rogers will call you when your account goes a day late ( by means of a computerized message ).
but they never once placed a call to me to check on if my service was restored.
i intend on writing a formal complaint letter.
it wasnt about me not being able to surf, nor was it about me not being able to watch the television.
its completely all about this techie who came to terminate the downstairs apt, and decided to unhook BOTH cables.
i should have just pried the grey box open myself.
ya, give them another reason to charge me $.
fuck em.
p.s. - hows the new bed Jess ?

thom100

TRIBE Member
again you do realize that most of those "techies" are contract workers and mistakes do happen.
Your issue was resolved in a reasonable time frame, any complaints will fall upon deaf ears and you'll just get another stock response and offer of another free week perhaps to keep you quiet - this isn't exactly a case for Silverman helps.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
I went 2 months without service once (the roof was apparently too icy to install the cables)... then when they finally came it turned out to be 2 stoned and beligerant dudes who charged right into my house right as I opened the door... I thought they were trying to pull a home invasion, so I yelled "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS??!!"... then one guy said: "we with rogaz". Dumb fucks.

junglisthead

TRIBE Member
i laugh at people who think their tragedy is somehow so important that the news media will pick it up and "rescue you"

sorry to tell you buddy, but they are all in bed with each other, and really couldnt care less about your poor little misconvience

dont be surpised to see problems in the near future,with your bill or cable service, acting like an idiot like that

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
you think that's bad?

my girlfriend noticed that my telephone number was coming up as some wack number on her call display. so i looked into it.

SOMEHOW, Bell telephone crossed my wires and i became a Primus costumer. i couldn't even phone the Bell operator because when i pressed 0 i was sent to the Primus operator who said she could do dick all because the telephone lines were Bell's. (luckily Bell has another # you can call)

But, while my line was crossed, for some odd reason i could dial out but no one could dial in. If they dialed my real phone number it just rang. If they dialed this wack Primus number they got someone elses answering machine.

It took Bell a FUCKING WEEK to fix this problem.

and and AND!! in the process of fixing my telephone they fucked up my internet. and it took them another fucking week to fix that shit.

i ultimately got my telephone and internet free for the month but i had to HOUND these people. If i didn't call them four times daily for a week it would never have been resolved.

b

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
junglisthead said:
dont be surpised to see problems in the near future,with your bill or cable service, acting like an idiot like that
ya...well...
at least i dont listen to Jungle.
you may get shot.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
junglisthead said:
That's right, because Rogers often screws up your billing and service purely for spite and revenge. It's in their business model, you know.

:rolleyes:

Oh, and Ted Rogers? One of Fat Tony's many aliases.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
Actually this reminds me of a recent rogers story also:

So,

At any rate I was moving and was interested just in cancelling the service entirely howevber decided to get the HD system etc etc.

So ok fine, call Rogers and ask them how much its going to all come to with swapping services in sorts. So at any rate they had assured me that TSN, HD channels combined would come to a respectable rate of around 50$. fine great lets do it!

So time comes to transfer services and the lady on the phone says nono you actually need something different to score TSN and HD channels. At any rate it was going to be in the ballpark of 80$ !

So fine i cancell on the spot adding that ive been misled a couple times previous.

yeah so Got to thinking and called back for a 3rd opinion and they were saying why yes TSN and HD will be 50$ or so. wow great thanks back on again. !

AAAand. so dude comes to install the thingbob there and oh wow no TSN. call into customer service. oh yes that will cost 80$ to get all that. FK!

Ok, so at this point im whatever just hook it up i gotta watch the leafs on TV already.

anyway fun times :)

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
JamesM said:
Actually this reminds me of a recent rogers story also:

So,

At any rate I was moving and was interested just in cancelling the service entirely howevber decided to get the HD system etc etc.

So ok fine, call Rogers and ask them how much its going to all come to with swapping services in sorts. So at any rate they had assured me that TSN, HD channels combined would come to a respectable rate of around 50$. fine great lets do it!

So time comes to transfer services and the lady on the phone says nono you actually need something different to score TSN and HD channels. At any rate it was going to be in the ballpark of 80$ !

So fine i cancell on the spot adding that ive been misled a couple times previous.

yeah so Got to thinking and called back for a 3rd opinion and they were saying why yes TSN and HD will be 50$ or so. wow great thanks back on again. !

AAAand. so dude comes to install the thingbob there and oh wow no TSN. call into customer service. oh yes that will cost 80$ to get all that. FK!

Ok, so at this point im whatever just hook it up i gotta watch the leafs on TV already.

anyway fun times :)
werd rogers is wack....me and my best friend both signed up for the same mutherfakin' package and i'm paying $2 more....a whole faking $2 more?? like okay why?

choko

TRIBE Member
on the rogers tip, i had a good laugh when i found out that they helped bankroll the movie "the corporation." dummies.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
on a non story related note...
seems Rogers upped the Rogers hi speed express speeds to 5 mbps download.
just checked 3 different download test sites...im way close to 5 mb.
sweet.
FUCK YOU MR ROGERS.