• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Roger Dodger (movie review)

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I got it as a free screener from work and I was impressed.

For those of you that don't know, it's a tale about a teenage boy who is desperate to lose his virignity, so he enlists the help of his sharpe witted and manipulative uncle who takes him out for a night on the town.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Campbell Scott was great. Him and Steve Coogan (24 hour party...) were the performances of that year I thought.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Good movie. I love seeing movies where dialogue makes the whole film. You could've made this movie for $1000 but its still solid.

*c*

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
Good movie. I love seeing movies where dialogue makes the whole film. You could've made this movie for $1000 but its still solid.

*c*

Agreed.

.....having Elizabeth Berkley in it didn't degrade it either.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I enjoyed it a little.
the part where he starts explaining women to the kid made the film imo

great review btw, so though provoking!

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
I enjoyed it a little.
the part where he starts explaining women to the kid made the film imo

great review btw, so though provoking!

IT was FLAWLESS! WICKED TRACK SELECTION!

It was a riveting and enlightning and poignant tale of a young man's struggle for societal acceptance by losing his virginity. Steallar performances by Campbell scott and the kid who plays his nephew who's name I don't even know at this time.

I find movie reviews a little pretentious....

JMan

TRIBE Member
He shouldn't have been such a suck-bag with his boss... made his player schtick seem less real IMO.

J

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
i vaguely remember it from watching it on dvd last year...

i remember thinking that elizabeth berkeley look aight...

i liked the conversation they had in the club...

and the last scene was pretty nifty, too...

interesting movie to watch if you're single ;)

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
He shouldn't have been such a suck-bag with his boss... made his player schtick seem less real IMO.

J

I think that added a little more realiism to his character. It showed that he wasn't invincible.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mr_Furious
I think that added a little more realiism to his character. It showed that he wasn't invincible.

True, but it should have been a toned down a tad... just my opinion though.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
I think if your first kiss was from Jennifer Beals it might ruin you, though. How the hell are the ones that follow gonna compare?

JMan

TRIBE Member
I think all teenaged boys and gameless men should watch this movie to learn the art of the spontaneous pick-up.

JMan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
ha ha

or spontaneous failure.

hehe, well every player fails... the key is that he's got some game and ain't afraid to give it the ole' try.