• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

rockin' IRENE -- FIRED!!!!

madnezz

TRIBE Member
is this true???? I heard this tonight, from a reliable source, that some new owners fired ROCKIN' IRENE from the brunny!!!!!!!!!!!

- Laura <<-- knows nothing of the brunny!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
who??

rocking irene??

if you don't go there.. why do you care about whether or not she got fired?
is she a legend or something??

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
hahahahahahaha...so funny.

When I was 18 and 19 my friends and I went there. (NOw 30)

I can't believe people still go there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
the Brunny was recently sold. The new owner put a good sound system in and renovated big time. It's actually nice in there now.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
the last time (and I mean last) I went to the brunny there was a smirnoff promotion...they had these sluts running around with trays of free shots of booze ALL NIGHT....

probably the messiest night of all time ever in recorded booze history.

oh, and rockin irine stinks.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Never went to the Brunny in my lifetime.
I heard about the beer recycling more than once... and decided it wasnt' worth the trip :D

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
She will always hold a special place in my heart.

The brunny isnt the same with out her..

"Rooooooooolllllll me over, lay me down and do it again. FUCK YOU!"

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
brunny doesn't recycle beer.

There are kegs that beg bounced around during transport and lose their carbonation. So beer companies artifically carbonate them and sell them at a reduced price. The Brunswick house was known for purchasing these reduced price kegs.

Adam

TRIBE Member
I've been to the Brunny once a year for the past 6 years. It's brutal, unless you're hammered.

Irene hasn't been there the past 2 trips there..it really is nothing without.

I always try to get people going on a round of Roll Out The Barrel, but it never happens.

Damn kids these kids, with their music and whatnot.

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
legend amongst university molson canadian type frosh geek crowd (mainly people trying to make their post secondary experience mimic that of their favourite American frat house colege flick)

some old crazy eccentric lady who was fixture at Brunny or something

Adam

TRIBE Member
She's a "much older" lady who used to get up and sing every night at the Brunny to a pile of drunken frat boys.

She would sing old showtunes, Roll Out The Barrel, etc.

edit: I lied, here's a nice one:

ae-p17-Irene-final.jpg

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
lol!

I remember her.

this thread is now very funny.. a whole thread dedicated to "rockin' irine".... i was there at the brunny very recently... very quickly.. because my friends and I were curious to see what it was like after not having been there for years. It is nicer that is for sure, it is much more clean.. that is for sure.. but no one is there because it isn't dirty and scrungy as it was.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Apparently they have dollar beers now to get more people in.

Havent been recently tho, so I cant verify for sure.

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
yea but you know, I just remembered... the biggest reason why people are not going there is the dresscode policy... yes.. the brunny has a dresscode policy now!

they turned away so many roughnecks... and.. I guess that is part of their clientele.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chipotle
the brunny has a dresscode policy now!

Prolly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Jeesus... these new brunny owners know how to fuck shit up large.

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by madnezz
- Laura <<-- knows nothing of the brunny!

Lies! :p

That's crazy - if you went to University in Ontario there is NO way you should not be familiar with this establishment.

I never did, and I know of it.... :rolleyes:

SJ
kaos0119.gif

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
one brunny experience was enough for me....although, i never tire of passing by one of the shouting matches and fistfights that spill outside right after last call !!

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
alright....

since you are all so sad....someone contact rockin' irene please... send her this thread or something.. she can come and sing at the next tribe party.

lol

dj_jake_the_snake

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^ yes! or maybe i should invite her to my next keg party :)

the brunny was legendary back when i was in first year. I remember braving 45 minute line-ups just to get sassed by some ghetto guy inside. It's just not the same anymore now that they have the dress code and nobody goes. I loved how I could show up in whatever the fuck i wanted. the whole plan living aruond the brunny was that if we wanted to go out but didn't want to dress up we could check it out. NOw all we have is the madison and the maddy blows.