• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rochester

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Anyone been before? Is there anything to do there? Good shopping? I'm trying to find a place to take my gf on her reading week. Right now my options are Rochester, NYC and Montreal. (Ie...anywhere that I can drive in a day would be ideal) Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Ben

Stop Bill C-10

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Rochester? Dude are you crazy? Its like the armpit of North America, as is Buffalo, and Windsor/Detroit!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
Rochester? Dude are you crazy? Its like the armpit of North America, as is Buffalo, and Windsor/Detroit!
Detroit is great! So much personality. You just have to know where to look.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
the words "rochester" and "impress girlfriend" do not ever belong in the same sentence or even the same train of thought.

NYC and montreal are both good. one is much more expensive than the other.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
ok ok..

I get the message. Rochester is now off the list. The reason why I picked Rochester is because they had a large brochure in last weeks NOW. (Yes...I am a marketers dream). I kinda wanna go to the US cause our dollar is doing well.

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
MTL is going to becheaper.

I do recomend NYC though. Jetsgo has madd cheap flts(12:01 Sun morn have the dollar maddness), goto priceline.com and bid for a hotel( 150 USD) and get down. too many good thing to see and to in NY...MTL is str8 party.

I would check the listings in MTL before booking as it's not always banging like it used to be.

-N

juice

TRIBE Member
Ben ... I think my GF and I are going to Montreal over reading week, they have some really good deals packaged as part of a Valentines Day thingy. So you might want to look into that.

Yeah ... Rochester ... what were you thinking!? :)

bambam

TRIBE Member
there used to be a massive rave scene in rochester a couple of years ago...havent been there since...that being said, someone mentioned 'armpit of america'. yes, yes it is. Unless kodak excites you.

moose-meat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Detroit is great! So much personality. You just have to know where to look.

Truer words were never spoken.
If you know where to go , Detroit is a blast.

[ and by blast I am not referring to gun shots ]

As for Rochester , I hear they have some nice golf courses....

huggs946

TRIBE Member
BigAl.JPG