• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Robocalling company suggestions? List broker suggestions?

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Still thinking about this idea of doing a kickstarter non-partisan campaign to robocall people in the suburbs to remind them of how much Mayor Rob Ford is an embarrassment to the city.

In this thread I am trying to crowd source some ideas on automated call deliver suppliers and list brokers to approach get some costs together to see what the entire project might cost.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
If someone legit could get this going closer to the 2014 election, I would gladly chip in some money for it.

Just a simple robocall in a calm voice outlying the 10 worst things Ford has done, fact, in his administration thus far, and have it called to homes in Etobicoke and Scarborough.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
If someone legit could get this going closer to the 2014 election, I would gladly chip in some money for it.

Just a simple robocall in a calm voice outlying the 10 worst things Ford has done, fact, in his administration thus far, and have it called to homes in Etobicoke and Scarborough.
I am sure there will be tons of those calls around election time being funded by the various political campaigns.

What I am talking about here is something non-partisan and also not in election season. It would be more grassroots.

What is wrong with reminding suburbians of what an embarrassment Rob Ford is?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
People hate robocalls. If I am a Ford supporter and I got one of these calls telling me how bad Ford is it'll just make me support him even more. If you want them on your side you should tell them to vote Ford.

octo

TRIBE Member
how about crowd funding someone from Tribe to run against Rofo or DougFo in the next election.

and someone to replace whoever replaced Doug Holyday.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
And I need a catchy name for the campaign

Citizens for a Ford Free Toronto?

Torontonians Wanting A Less Sketchy Mayor?

Torontonians Against Mayoral Incompetence?

Stop The Drama!

???

Puma

TRIBE Member
I agree with SneakyPete robocalls are lame. People don't like telemarketers let alone a dumb computer voice. I always hang up right away when its a machine. If you want to be effective you need a better idea then a robo call.