• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Robert Hood/ Monobox

bambam

TRIBE Member
Robert Hood/ Monobox. In a blatant display of my ignorance, I ask anyone who is familiar with this guys stuff...what did you think? yes/no? Ive been looking for 'different' stuff and by the reviews Ive read this fits the bill. Anyone like his work?

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
i have a huge collection of rob hood records on M Plant and some nice collerbative tracks between hood and mills on Axis
Monobox is a good one for sure

Yes Rob hood is right up there with Jeff Mills when it comes to his roots and how much he has help defined detroit techno

don't consider yourself ignorant just enlightend

one of my fav rob hood tracks is "The Pace" classic!

other good records by him

Movable parts
Dean & Deluca
Internal Empire
Grey Area
Minimal Nation / Axis
Hood & Mills - Tranqulizer EP

i have not seen any new stuff from in a long time

i have seen him play 4 times in Detroit in the past 7 years and each time i have seen him middle of his set the party has gotten busted no shit of a lie.. its fuked up, i am convinced i jinx him.

Last edited:

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
his production brings a :D to my face...

the vision - spectral nomad [metroplex 025]

=

my fav hood record...

monobox is pretty dope as well

ian

TRIBE Member
His DJ set at Fukhouse was dope as hell. One of the rare Detroit cats that can actually mix.

-ian g.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock

Dean & Deluca
This isn' t Rob Hood, it is in fact Erdem Tunakan & Patrick Pulsinger
There are several Monobox records of which IMHO the first one is still the best (called Realm).

odbx

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
Rob Hood is a mad genius,The Pace is my all-time fave followed closely by Moveable Parts.The only Monobox record is Downtown which is like an eerie horror film soundtrack-devilish!

ladd

TRIBE Member
yeah theres only a handful of rob hood tracks that i dig, but then again i probably havent heard more that half of them. definitly the pace and the vision realeases are awesome. especially the "detroit" sample. the first time i heard that track was when adam marshall played it a couple of years ago, good times! :)

on a side note, i went online and looked for minimal nation just to see, and its going for about $200 US!!!!!!! holy shyzen

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Like The Peacock I have over 30 Rob Hood records and I love them all except for his newest material...it just isn't as good as the old M-plant/Duet/Axis

The Monobox stuff is the Deep minimal side of him (ok deeper and minimal-er) and like Oddio said Realm is the best although Downtown is good and they are all more than playable

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Ten bucks says he's talking about Realm, I don't think the track title is written on the record so most people just call it Monobox.

odbx

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by oddmyth
Ten bucks says he's talking about Realm, I don't think the track title is written on the record so most people just call it Monobox.

odbx
for like 2 years I didnt even know what it was..I grabbed the white label at Threads in Detroit cos it was freaking sweet. I later bought the Ep again not knowing I already had it. Waste of money? most assuredly not.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth

odbx
*hands oddmyth a tenner*

:D

bambam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock

i have not seen any new stuff from in a long time

he released a cd called molecule and a 12" called population last year, as well as the diamond age...Im going to go look for some of them this weekend, thanks for the help guys.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by bambam
he released a cd called molecule and a 12" called population last year, as well as the diamond age...Im going to go look for some of them this weekend, thanks for the help guys.
Molecule was a release of his old stuff I think, on Logistic

Population is one of the old Monobox releases, not new for sure

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by isoprax

Population is one of the old Monobox releases, not new for sure
now that I give it a second thought it may not be super old but at least 3 years I think

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by isoprax
Molecule was a release of his old stuff I think, on Logistic

....upon even more thought I realize that yes this one had some old tracks but there was new stuff on it as well.

I'm a boob today

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
hehe i have 2 copies of minimal nation double pack - damn i guess if i need money - never! i would starve before i gave those up

Originally posted by ladd
yeah theres only a handful of rob hood tracks that i dig, but then again i probably havent heard more that half of them. definitly the pace and the vision realeases are awesome. especially the "detroit" sample. the first time i heard that track was when adam marshall played it a couple of years ago, good times! :)

on a side note, i went online and looked for minimal nation just to see, and its going for about $200 US!!!!!!! holy shyzen

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
The axis release of Minimal Nation is the one that usually goes for more. I think cos it has a diff. mix of The Pace on it...it aint that good though. The single version is WAY better. so if anyone is thinking of spending the coin dont bother

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Not sure what planet most of you are on .. Rob Hood hasn't released anything recently?

Lets see hmmm.

1 LP in 2002 [Point Blank]
2 LP's in 2003 [Art of War & Wire to Wire]
all of these on Peacefrog..

A mixed CD on Logistic [Rare Species] wicked tracklisting, can't wait to hear it!

and about 6-7 singles on peacefrog or mplant since 2002.

rob hood is about as busy as he's ever been.

odbx