• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Robbie Rivera at Sound Emporium and BBBill at Afterlife

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
Did anyone ever hit up these events?

I barely heard any talk of Bill coming to town.
Robbie Rivera is a pretty good producer and I heard of no one hitting that up...

just wondering

janICE:>

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i've noticed a decline in 'consumer' awareness of bigname events the past few months....

ie. barry weaver... BBB... etc....

have clubs stopped promoting (effectively?).

AshG

^
perhaps.
not that i'd attend, but i hadn't heard of the Rivera and BBB party either.
but then i haven't been out much lately.

but it might also be because promoters choose not to buy(literally) into the tribe advertising medium, and that some people expect all parties to be listed in tribe.
that might have been the case at one point in time, but not now.

AshG

Originally posted by ev
the bad boy bill flyers were everywhere.... posters all over downtown as well.
exactly.
i assume that those who really wanted to attend would have made the effort to look beyond the tribe board screen in their bedroom/work/etc.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
it was actually someone outside of tribe who asked me to go to BBB
but usually there is a little buzz about him everywhere when he comes to town...not this time

and i guess since i haven't been taking flyers lately, i'm out of the loop

meh
janICE:>

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
i got a flyer at guvernment the day when dj Dan was at guv.

the robbie rivera being here ive never heard of that.

Davo

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
it might just be that bad boy bill is just not cutting it anymore IMO.

the scratching and hard house gimmick novelty might have wore off a while ago.... and someone else might be doing it better.

Crazy Serb

TRIBE Member
Robbie Rivera was promoted enough, outside the clubs and here on Tribe as well (just check the Upcoming Events section, yep, it's listed there as well as in the Roll Calls, I believe)...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
^
perhaps.
not that i'd attend, but i hadn't heard of the Rivera and BBB party either.
but then i haven't been out much lately.

but it might also be because promoters choose not to buy(literally) into the tribe advertising medium, and that some people expect all parties to be listed in tribe.
that might have been the case at one point in time, but not now.
i don't look to tribe for events... i look for what i hear on the street and the flyers i'm handed....

i rarely get flyered by more than 1 person when i leave a club now.. used to be groups of them......

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Robbie Rivera was actually here twice in 2 weeks... although one was at the docks for some weird ass hits 103.5 or whatever they call it now... i was afraid to attend... the sound emporium one i couldn't attend... but yeah... i am curious to know how he played... i hear he can range from Tech House to trancey type stuff...

BBB has played at some odd spots the last couple of time he has been here... I ended up at the breaks event at Fever in Hamilton the night he was in toronto (which by the way there were some amazing breaks played)... but again i am curious to know how it was...

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Prickly Pete
Robbie Rivera was actually here twice in 2 weeks... although one was at the docks for some weird ass hits 103.5 or whatever they call it now... i was afraid to attend... the sound emporium one i couldn't attend... but yeah... i am curious to know how he played... i hear he can range from Tech House to trancey type stuff...

BBB has played at some odd spots the last couple of time he has been here... I ended up at the breaks event at Fever in Hamilton the night he was in toronto (which by the way there were some amazing breaks played)... but again i am curious to know how it was...

the night he was in town to play at the docks he played on Electric Circus... during that 4 minute set the would give the DJ's he playing only one song... that bucci blag track... it was pretty funny... he just played with the eq's for 4 minutes.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit