• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rob Corddry Gets Own Show!

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
good news for Rob.
bad news for daily show.
that means Helms will be the best man they'll have after Jon.
not promising.

Daily Show Correspondent Rob Corddry Gets a Pilot

Rob Corddry

The Daily Show correspondent Rob Corddry has landed the lead in a new FOX pilot entitled Becoming Glen. The Hollywood Reporter writes that the sitcom revolves around Glen, a successful 40-something man, who's looking back on his life in 1994, "when he was a 32-year-old slacker (Corddry) living with his parents and spending all his time lying on the couch watching TV."

Variety reports that Ricky Blitt and Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) are executive producing the pilot, which was a reworking of a 2002 project by Blitt (and then starred Johnny Galecki in the lead role).

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Ed Helms and Jason Jones good. Everyone else besides Stewart not so good.

For the sake of comedy Samantha Bee should abandon her child and return to the show!

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Ed Helms and Jason Jones good. Everyone else besides Stewart not so good.

For the sake of comedy Samantha Bee should abandon her child and return to the show!
Samantha Bee is much funnier than Helms.
I don't really like helms. I'd say he's more in teh realm of "best of teh worst" not "worst of teh best"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
Whatever happened to teamwork creating something special?
Oh yeah the call of fame and more money.

Maui

TRIBE Member
It would depend. If the show I was doing appearances on was kick ass and something special then I'd stick to that.
If I thought I could do better with my own show then I might leave. But I don't think that is what's happening here.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Would you take your own show or keep your guest appearances on someone elses?
how many ppl do this and then end up in the 99 cent bin

whatever happened to conans sidekick, i heard he got beat up by the mexicans for selling oranges on one of their freeways

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
i wonder when lewis black will get a sitcom starring john lovitz as his totally eccentric totally gay totally republican neighbour?

Maui

TRIBE Member
Would anyone who gets their own show think "my show is going to suck!!"
Well, most people have trouble being honest with themselves. ( American Idol, cough) Somtimes this can help cause you want to believe in yourself. But I mean why go out and saturate a market or create more competition which will disperse viewers. Sure this is how our economy works but we are talking comedy shows here. Comedy is the thoughest skill to succeed in so why not put that energy together to help each other out and create one kick ass show that will bring in the viewers.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
The Hollywood Reporter writes that the sitcom revolves around Glen, a successful 40-something man, who's looking back on his life in 1994, "when he was a 32-year-old slacker (Corddry) living with his parents and spending all his time lying on the couch watching TV."
Sounds kindve like Get A Life. Only I don't think it will be anywhere near as good.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
the daily show is fine. jon stewart's the main attraction anyway. oh, and the writing is so good, any hack could read it and sound funny.

the new guys: cordry's lil bro, the john john lookalike, ed bavanaugh? brackanaugh? the new bald guy... etc., are all good. they just need a little time to get more comfortable with their roles.

the daily show is the new SNL.

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Rob Corddry Gets Own Show!

Originally posted by wayne bradbury
Sounds kindve like Get A Life. Only I don't think it will be anywhere near as good.
Was that the one with Chris Elliot? If so, Rob might be back on the Daily show sooner than you think.