• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock @ Hotel

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
So our new years resolution was to try out new places and last night was definitely one for the books!

The girlies and I arrived at Hotel - not sure quite what to expect. I had emailed in advance get on the guestlist ... and we were taken care of minus 1 but not so bad. Nice door staff which is always nice.

Its a really nice venue ... really small and intimate and the stage was set up and ready to go! They were playing some old house beatz until about midnight when their resident Dj came on playing everything from Redman, to Mob Deep, to DJ Jazzy Jeff and we wer all brought back to the old school days!

It got pretty busy just before Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock came on about 1:30 and then the place exploded. The stage was basically at floor level so they were leaning off the stage with the microphone as everyone in the place sang along. Joy & Pain ... and all their top hits ... even some i'd forgotten about along with some wicked remixes. The crowd was amazing - so many friendly people jumping up and down and going crazy ... we danced liked crazy people till the bitter end <smile>

Thanks girlies ... what a blast! You guys rock!! I really need to get me a helmet like that ... but that boom box was way too heavy!

Definitely 10/10 ...

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LadyLinzee
Thanks girlies ... what a blast! You guys rock!! I really need to get me a helmet like that ... but that boom box was way too heavy!
LOL - but Linzee the helmet had SPARKLES!!!!

Last night was just what I needed!
(Thanks Linz & Karen!)
I've been singing all day to myself...

"I wanna rock right now
I'm Rob Base and I came to get down
I'm not internationally known
But I'm known to rock the microphone
Because I get stoopid, I mean outrageous
Stay away from me if you're contagious
'Cause I'm the winner, no, I'm not the loser
To be an M.C. is what I choose 'a
Ladies love me, girls adore me
I mean even the ones who never saw me
Like the way that I rhyme at a show
The reason why, man, I don't know
So let's go"

Those lyrics and my raging hangover this morning can pretty much sum up last night - fuckin' wikked!
Shout-outs to Jeff - thanks for being my dancin' partner. :)

SJ

Sassy

TRIBE Member
Awesome, Awesome night! :)

They played all the classics and ended it with it takes two! :D

First time at Hotel and I was impressed by the venue and the crowd, will definitely be heading back there again.

Thanks for dragging my ass out Linz! ;)

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

twitch

TRIBE Member
They played at one of my High School Dances, in the cafeteria.
Decent party with 6 different rooms with live djs or bands in each.