• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RJD2 (and Aceyalone)

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
Actually Busdriver was pretty damn entertaining - never seen that kid live...RJD2 was awesome as anticipated - and the live footage of underwater voyages was important - and it was very hip hop. yes. And...aceyalone was...did anyone else go to this show? the crowd was lame as all get out...yeh aceyalone put on a good set getting off to a rocky start but nonetheless rockin the d-e-a-d-w-e-i-g-h-t- crowd. bleh. and im never setting foot inside there again because the bouncers were being blobs of shit and for some reason singled me out and didnt let my ass into the bar. so i jumped the gate on the other side - sorry to that guy i spilled his drink - well i offered a new one. homo fuck bouncers suck me purple. i had an awesome time no thanks to you rude boy fucks. come! what a stylish crowd - i felt so ...so....behind in my wardrobe! whew! hiphop!

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
I had a good time.

I thought RJ played amazing. Wasn't feeling Busdriver though. He's got a crazy fast delivery but it's just a little too weird for me.

Acey was good but not great.

The bouncers did suck. I went to go to the bar part and I showed my wristband and started to walk past and the bouncer SHOVED me. He said I had to show my ID. What's the point of the fucking wristband then?

Oh yeah and Phoenix sucks ass as a concert venue.

zee

TRIBE Member
so fucking good

bus driver was pretty good - his dj stole the show for me though

rj was amaaaazing.. i wished he could've played the whole night!
very cool to have the video in sync with his music
i don't know what his little keypad thing was, that he was using to play certain parts of the song.. but it was pretty awesome
and he has a pretty decent voice too when he sang an acoustic song at the end of his set

i liked the phoenix as a concert venue.. any place with swank leather couches that i can park my ass on to watch the show gets myvote

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
zee said:
so fucking good

bus driver was pretty good - his dj stole the show for me though

rj was amaaaazing.. i wished he could've played the whole night!
very cool to have the video in sync with his music
i don't know what his little keypad thing was, that he was using to play certain parts of the song.. but it was pretty awesome
and he has a pretty decent voice too when he sang an acoustic song at the end of his set

i liked the phoenix as a concert venue.. any place with swank leather couches that i can park my ass on to watch the show gets myvote
Fuck! It sounds like I missed a good show. Was the video footage he was using similar to what Z-Trip was up to last time he was out?

zee

TRIBE Member
ah i didn't get to see Z-Trip so I dunno..
from what i remember, rj started out with some underwater nature footage... then moved on to some 3d CGI-ish footage, then some really awesome stop-and-go video of some urban scenes from some foreign city and then some clips of that breakdancing disabled guy on stilts

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
The Phoenix BLOWS and its mostly because of the shitty staff experiences. even security at the Guv is friendlier....what's the deal? im not going to the shitty phoenix ever again even for my favorite artists - my stock in opera house just went up. see you at fat lip!

scott

TRIBE Member
I've seen RJ twice, both times at The Phoenix.
First time was a couple years ago right when "Since We Last Spoke" came out and he absolutely KILLED IT.

Second time was this past summer for the kick off of the jazz fest and he fucking SUCKED. Did the exact same routine he did the first time. Same stupid game and same stupid prizes.

I skipped this one because of that but "Magnificent City" is definitely worth the purchase although there's a couple of completely unlistenable tracks.

sam

TRIBE Member
Missed the Toronto show because I was in New York, and missed the New York show because I was flying back to TO Sunday night.....grrr.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders