• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

River Rafting

deveator

TRIBE Member
Can anyone recomend a good place to go rapid river rafting this summer? I'm too lazy to use google and would perfer some personal recomendations from the peeps at tribe since they usually give great advice. :)

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I've done Wilderness I and know a few others here that have as well.

Wilderness is a better mix of old and young, Owl is more family. Aside from this both are excellent and alot of fun, if you get the option to jump off the cliff be sure to do it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dstarr

TRIBE Member
I've been rafting a bunch of times. Mostly with Wilderness Tours but I did go with Esprit once.

I have also gone early in the season when the water is high (means crazy rapids) and in the summer when the water is lower. Early season can be really insane and the first time I went in early season, it was off the hook nuts and this one rapid, the Coliseum was so nuts, some groups didn't even do it. When I went in the middle of the summer, the Coliseum was nothing. Early season also means the water is going to cold as hell and in the summer you can get away with no wetsuit.

If you have a group of 12 or a close to it, Wilderness is good because then you won't get lame people in your boat because having a good boat is KEY. Lame boats are limited because they can't get speed and the guide may play it safe. I had a crazy boat of awesome people once and it was a blast and we killed the rapids.

If you have 6 friends, maybe go Esprit because you can get your own boat. However I also think that Esprit might take a different channel because of the smaller boats but I still remember it being fun.

It is also worth saying that Wilderness has an awesome "base camp" with camping and a bar, bungee and all kinds of cool stuff to do and might be worth staying overnight there.

dabeats

TRIBE Member
Easily the nicest and most beautiful rally in Eastern Canada is the Kipawa River Rally in Laniel Quebec on June 24, 25 and 26. I had the one of the greatest times of my life a few years ago on this rally. From what I`ve heard paddlers and rafters alike prefer the Kipawa to the Ottawa River run because of it`s beauty. It is also in danger due to hydro development.

les amis de la rivière kipawa, river protection, kipawa river, whitewater, quebec, ontario

Esprit | Whitewater Rafting Kipawa River

Top 5 Rivers for White Water Rafting in Canada | I Backpack Canada

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
If you have a group of 12 or a close to it, Wilderness is good because then you won't get lame people in your boat because having a good boat is KEY. Lame boats are limited because they can't get speed and the guide may play it safe. I had a crazy boat of awesome people once and it was a blast and we killed the rapids.
this is how ours was, our guide put us through everything we saw

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Ho||yw0oD

TRIBE Member
I did white water rafting with Equinox. If you want a low-maintenance, roughing it type trip then I highly recommend it. However, the rafts looked a little shoddy and made me nervous on Day One.

Jumping off the cliff into the river was tons of fun.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
they have bungy jumping at wilderness, that was some fun ass shit
if it wasnt so expensive i would have just kept jumping

i won the funnel contest when i was there, i funneled a bucket in 2 seconds flat!