1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ritual/Livin' Large boat cruise w/MARK GRANT

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by sam, Aug 25, 2003.

1. sam

sam TRIBE Member

Saturday's boat cruise on the beautiful tallship Kajama was a perfect way to celebrate one of the last summer weekends. The clear night sky, and the lit up Toronto skyline provided the perfect backdrop for an evening of soulful deep house.

Mark Grant threw down a solid proper house set as usual...I love hearing him everytime he's in Toronto. And Ali Black and Rick Brooks got everyone dancing to start the cruise off...

Great job by all those involved...

-sam

2. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

This cruise was really something. Those of us that braved the somewhat cold weather were treated to some rather warm beats. I danced for over two hours straight to keep warm, but I ain't complaining.

The crowd was great, I really enjoyed meeting some new people and getting down with some old friends. Shots were flowin', to say the least :). Crew was really nice and the sound was AMAZING... that ship was rockin' and it wasn't from the waves.

Rick and Ali warmed the crowd up nicely for Mark. In fact, when each of them had a few of those "moments" early in the night, I knew what followed was going to be special. Kaskade's "it's you, it's me" really kicked things into high gear for me and from what I saw around me at that moment, I wasn't the only one.

Mark had a few tunes that totally killed and I it's too bad I missed him last night.... because there was one number in particular I have to hear again... it was about halfway through his set that was such a sick take funk/disco in a different way that my knees nearly gave out.

Anyways, thanks to everyone that was there and everyone that took the time to put it together. I know how much work goes into these things and I really appreciate it. Good times.

Dan

3. why not

why not TRIBE Member

fun fun fun.

yay house music.